Sponsored

Track day in the wet - PSS or PSC2?

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350/2008 Saab TurboX SC
I have a track day tomorrow and it looks like the rain is going to be there also.... i kmow the PSS is a competant tire in the wet but was wondering how the PSC2 performs for those of you who have tried it in the wet... my. Ar is actually on the track wheels/PSC2. Not too long to switch (i have to raise car anyways to reinstall resonators) but would like to keep track setup if possible! Thanks for your input!
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I have a track day tomorrow and it looks like the rain is going to be there also.... i kmow the PSS is a competant tire in the wet but was wondering how the PSC2 performs for those of you who have tried it in the wet... my. Ar is actually on the track wheels/PSC2. Not too long to switch (i have to raise car anyways to reinstall resonators) but would like to keep track setup if possible! Thanks for your input!
DUDE!!!! Easy answer MPSS'S!!!!! the SC2's are to much of a dry competition tire to give you any real performance in the wet. I will say the SC2'S drive in the rain pretty well to a limit. Push that limit at you own risk. Standing water is also very dangerous in the SC2's.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
SC2's are not only bad in the wet, they're downright dangerous. Once you've gone down the rabbit hole of Track and Competition tires and run them on a frequent basis (if you're a track rat for instance) you really should have a dedicated wet and rain set. SCCA autocrossers and track junkies at competition levels would swap out and run Continental ExtremeContact DW's once things got wet slick.

Last edited: