Sponsored

TPMS sensors - are they specific to Aus?

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I need another set for my track wheels. Do the US sensors work on our cars or do I need Aus specific parts? What should I expect to pay from the dealer?

TIA
Sponsored

GrabbberAussie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang
We use 433Mhz sensors which can be had for about $200 a set.
When I was looking at buying a set of wheels from the US - they were going to include the 433Mhz sensors as well - so maybe that is an option for you as well?

Malibu1

Malibu
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Keep us posted how you go. I bought a set of sensors from the dealership that I could not get to work in my Vossen rims. Ford were full of excuses until I put my original sensors into the Vossen rims and all worked perfectly. Eventually got my money back for the sensors I bought. They were the right MHz and no idea why they did not work. I would not bother with sensors on track wheels.

OP
OP
spiller

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
I ended up buying four new OEM sensors from my local dealer at a cost of $220. The Apex wheels are compatible with the OEM sensors so I assume they will work.
[MENTION=25773]Malibu1[/MENTION] what was the issue with the sensors the dealer supplied you? Were they aftermarket or OEM? They're not essential on the track but a warning on the dash would bug the heck out of me and I like the idea of being able to monitor the pressures in real time. Even though I always check and adjust with a gauge after each session.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine from a Ford dealer. They work fine but took about a dozen goes to get them to pair up properly. Seems to be a theme amongst users.

OP
OP
spiller

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
[MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION] what's involved with pairing them? Is it just a matter of going into the menu and resetting the TPMS?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'll do a video. May make it easier for everyone.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks mate that would be brilliant
Here ya go matey.
Production values are low rent and you have to listen to my voice, but the info is there...:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Malibu1

Malibu
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I ended up buying four new OEM sensors from my local dealer at a cost of $220. The Apex wheels are compatible with the OEM sensors so I assume they will work.
@Malibu1 what was the issue with the sensors the dealer supplied you? Were they aftermarket or OEM? They're not essential on the track but a warning on the dash would bug the heck out of me and I like the idea of being able to monitor the pressures in real time. Even though I always check and adjust with a gauge after each session.
They were OEM, no idea why they would not work after Dealership and ROb Herrod had a go at pairing them to the car. When I put the ones in from my original rims they worked immediately with no pairing. Got my money back for them eventually and in fact still have them.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
They were probably ranger sensors they run the same radio band as the mustang but they are different to program
Sponsored