Sponsored

Total Cost of Detailing products?

MagneticXV

Magnetic15
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So i was on auto geek and started shopping around. Go checkout and my total is close to $1,000 am i crazy for spending that much money on cleaning products ? this is my first new car so i didn't really have any products to clean with so i had to start fro scratch. If my girlfriend found out what i spent shed kill me lol
Sponsored

OP
OP

MagneticXV

Magnetic15
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
i have been watching a lot of youtube videos i think i got most of it down
Screen Shot 2014-10-13 at 1.05.26 PM.jpg

OP
OP

MagneticXV

Magnetic15
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
anything you advice or tips that you can give me ? Do i need all these things?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Hit Lowes or Home Depot for a nice big vacuum. I bought our big one on sale for like $65, it was half price.

You don't need that 2 bucket system. Get 2 clean new 5 gallon buckets and 2 mitts, so you have clean and dirty. I have been detailing my own cars for 13 years and they look mint and I don't use that 2 bucket system :). No micro marring or anything :).

Not sure about their MF towels but seems you can go to Pak Shak and buy better stuff for less money.

I just saved you $350 :)

Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
Hit Lowes or Home Depot for a nice big vacuum. I bought our big one on sale for like $65, it was half price.

You don't need that 2 bucket system. Get 2 clean new 5 gallon buckets and 2 mitts, so you have clean and dirty. I have been detailing my own cars for 13 years and they look mint and I don't use that 2 bucket system :). No micro marring or anything :).

Not sure about their MF towels but seems you can go to Pak Shak and buy better stuff for less money.

I just saved you $350 :)
+350^

he is 3 years more advanced than i am in the Detailing area. but, seriously, that is a huge amount of cash to drop on cleaning products that you don't need to spend, not to mention, a huge amount of girlfriend trouble that you just don't need to taint your new Mustang experience.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
+350^

he is 3 years more advanced than i am in the Detailing area. but, seriously, that is a huge amount of cash to drop on cleaning products that you don't need to spend, not to mention, a huge amount of girlfriend trouble that you just don't need to taint your new Mustang experience.
I love detailing my car. It is very therapeutic for me. Turn on some tunes and start going to town!! I learned all my stuff from www.autopia.org/forum/. That is/was amazing.

Here are a couple pictures of my 03 Cobra 10th that I detailed myself many, many times. I thought I had some hi-res photos but cannot find them ATM. The car had 47k miles in these photos.

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
I love detailing my car. It is very therapeutic for me. Turn on some tunes and start going to town!! I learned all my stuff from www.autopia.org/forum/. That is/was amazing.

Here are a couple pictures of my 03 Cobra 10th that I detailed myself many, many times. I thought I had some hi-res photos but cannot find them ATM. The car had 47k miles in these photos.

i learned all of my techniques from the Black Mustang Club, which is where i went for the purpose of learning the in's and out's of keeping a black Mustang looking sharp. i don't have any recent pictures here - but i am with you - i love making my car look show room floor new.

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
I used auto geek also to get stuff last summer, but when I went to get microfiber stuff, I went through amazon and it's cheaper. You could get most if not all of that stuff on amazon. Would definitely save you a couple bucks. But then shipping becomes a factor and can negate those savings.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Skip the metro vac and get a cheap vacum from Walmart

Sponsored

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
Looks Like when you want to ask about detailing find owners of nice black cars. Keeping a Black Mustang clean is a full time job. That is a lot of money for cleaning products. A couple things I learned. 1) only get enough stuff to last a season. The stuff breaks down and if you are in cold climates it can mess with the chemicals. 2) the two bucket method is best way to keep those small scratches off your clearcoat.

Adams Polishes used my car as a demo car at Carlisle 3 times and I learned a lot from them. I've been using their stuff for 10 years now. Atleast with my 2015 coming I can start doing the right techniques from the start unlike my 2005.
IMG_2443.jpg

OP
OP

MagneticXV

Magnetic15
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
thanks guys i skipped out on the vacuum and microfiber kit along with a couple other things spent a total of $300. Did i do good? lol Got a little carried away, i guess the excitement got to me.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
thanks guys i skipped out on the vacuum and microfiber kit along with a couple other things spent a total of $300. Did i do good? lol Got a little carried away, i guess the excitement got to me.
Good job :). Detailing your car or cars can get to be a little money pit:thumbsup:

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I spent about 250 on detailing products, I didnt go too crazy. You can get bulk microfiber towels on ebay for pretty much nothing; on autogeek I purchased a polish/presealant, finishing sealant, carnuba wax, quick detailer, ph-balanced soap, waterless wash, glass cleaner, iron-x, guzzler waffle weave drying towel, a smaller waffle weave, a chinchilla super dense microfiber, some applicators. I do have alot of other things at my house that I will use such as a shop vac and other tools, so I guess I dont need to purchase those things. There isnt such a thing as getting too carried away, you are spending a good amount of money; you want to retain its value to you; dont be that guy who has his car filled with scratches and mistreatment 2 years down the road