Sponsored

Torn with questions

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
Hi all,

I have spent over an hour on this forum looking for some information and didn't find it, so please forgive me... For something I'm sure was covered somewhere on here.

I currently have a paid off focus st and as the title states... I'm torn... Between the focus rs and a gt with phase 2 roush sc. They are practically the same price.

My st is a blast and can only image the rs being more so. However, my goal has been to have a car to match my Zx14r. Something that can get out of hand real fast ;)

So my questions revolve around the supercharger and stock components / busting stuff.

So 727 crank hp, stock trans, suspension, rear end, etc. Seems like a bad idea?

However I can only find 1 mention where roush even, only upgrades the half shafts... And suspension. However the latter is more for ride and control (both important, but won't really break anything)

If I go the mustang route I plan on doing other upgrades... Over time. I plan on paying either off in 2 years (if I can manage it) so upgrades will be more forth coming after the pay off.

All of this to ask, what are your thoughts on the sc with stock drive train?

I will add that I mostly dive highway with some spirited back road driving from time to time.

Thanks in advance, and if I roll back to the mustang world I look forward to contributing.
Sponsored

Jarh3ad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP
Keep the Focus and use as a DD and buy Mustang to have fun with!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Get a mustang i had a 2012 paxton charged gt 641/557 had it for 4 years also had a 2015 st both cars were black. I traded my focus ST (11k positive equity) in on my 2016 gt/cs. And sold me paxton car to an svt member as i owned it outright. Used some of the money from the sale to mod my current car. The details in my sig. The focus st and rs are small cars they handle well but there's nothing like a mustang, so my vote you get the mustang!

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I thought about keeping the st, but I work from home most of the time. The st is currently my dd and it only has 35k mikes on it and it's a 2013.

We usually take the family short bus when we go places:cool:
Sponsored