Top gear acceleration.

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Gonna have to call bs on the mileage claims. I left my house a 3:30am drove the first 220 miles without having to touch the brake once. Took me 5 hours to drive 340 to Atlanta at 75 mph. 21.5 was my mpg. Unless you are going slower, there is no way you get better than 22 mpg on a GT W/PP and the 3.73 gears.

I made a trip down to Kingsland GA in November and averaged 23.4 mpg. Average speed was 75 down I-95. Exceeded my expectations.
Sponsored

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Tell me more about weather radar?
If you have the optional Nav system you can pull up local weather radar, forecast, etc.

I've only really driven my car once (brought it home on Saturday) but it was a 220 mile drive home. I did notice that a downshift to 5th was required to dispatch a pesky Camaro that refused to vacate the passing lane for faster traffic. Well maybe not "required" as I hit triple digits far quicker than I intended (but he got the message).

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
If you have the optional Nav system you can pull up local weather radar, forecast, etc.

I've only really driven my car once (brought it home on Saturday) but it was a 220 mile drive home. I did notice that a downshift to 5th was required to dispatch a pesky Camaro that refused to vacate the passing lane for faster traffic. Well maybe not "required" as I hit triple digits far quicker than I intended (but he got the message).
I haven't figured out how to pull up weather yet (not that I've looked very carefully), but that would be a really useful feature.

If you're hitting triple digits, then the acceleration is enough.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I haven't figured out how to pull up weather yet (not that I've looked very carefully), but that would be a really useful feature.

If you're hitting triple digits, then the acceleration is enough.
Hit your button so you can speak to the NAV and just say weather...BOOM.

OP
OP
steve1107

steve1107

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 50AP
Because you're driving 75mph! I believe mpg for cars is tested at 55mph and you have 3.73. I don't understand all the people whining about the smallest things with their cars!
I paid for the car. I'll whine If I want.

Sponsored

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
I paid for the car. I'll whine If I want.
Then use logic before doing so:thumbsup:. Have you ever owned a manual trans before or ever ridden a 10 speed bicycle? Same concept, you would try to go up a hill in top gear would you? If you want more acceleration, downshift.

OP
OP
steve1107

steve1107

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I think its funny how people race to defend their car. As if I've offended them personally. I made an observation of what I experienced. Definitely not bashing my car. This car is bad ass.

OP
OP
steve1107

steve1107

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Yes. I have a CO, PP (3.73), and 50 year AP.

Below is the readings of my trip from MD to FL and FL to MD. I never reset Trip 2 so it would get an average mpg reading each way.
I just pushed past 1000 miles on this trip. Maybe that's part of my mpg dilemma.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
I think its funny how people race to defend their car. As if I've offended them personally. I made an observation of what I experienced. Definitely not bashing my car. This car is bad ass.
Not defending anything, except the human race. Your observation is null, because of user error. Question though, what are you needing to pass someone when you're already going 75mph? Next time youre on the highway drop it in 5th or maybe 4th and come back and let us know how feels. I challenge you to be in 3rd at 60mph and floor it.

OP
OP
steve1107

steve1107

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Not defending anything, except the human race. Your observation is null, because of user error. Question though, what are you needing to pass someone when you're already going 75mph? Next time youre on the highway drop it in 5th or maybe 4th and come back and let us know how feels. I challenge you to be in 3rd at 60mph and floor it.
I always drive 5 over on interstate. Limit was 70. Wasn't passing anyone, was on an empty road at 4 am. Just wanted to see what top acceleration was like. How about you try dropping down 2 gears while traveling at 75. Tell me how that feels.

Sponsored
OP
OP
steve1107

steve1107

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Sure are a bunch of smart asses on these forums. I remember when I was young and knew everything. Then I grew up and learned I didn't.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
I always drive 5 over on interstate. Limit was 70. Wasn't passing anyone, was on an empty road at 4 am. Just wanted to see what top acceleration was like. How about you try dropping down 2 gears while traveling at 75. Tell me how that feels.
Dont think it would be a problem, as long as you rev match. Assuming redline is 7k 4th gear will take you to about 100mph I believe.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Considering you're accelerating from around 2300-2400 RPM's in 6th gear...

Just downshift or time your passes accordingly.