Toning down exhaust with headers

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
If like to do something like this if it would make a big enough difference.
Found start ups to be less brutal (ff also quieter than pump) as well as more refined less harsh part and full throttle. WOT still screams but less so than before. Will track down some of my before and afters and post them if you want.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ryan_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2013 GMC Sierra, 2015 Maserati Ghibli
Found start ups to be less brutal (ff also quieter than pump) as well as more refined less harsh part and full throttle. WOT still screams but less so than before. Will track down some of my before and afters and post them if you want.
That would be great!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I wish Corsa would include a setup with those Vibrant Resonators on them for builds with LTH's. I love how loud it is for one, but two, the rasp is not there. It was a great addition and they were welded on with ease.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
That would be great!
The start ups are not cold starts but still give you an idea.

Before Vibrants

After Vibrants

Dyno WOT before Vibrants

Dyno WOT after Vibrants

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Honestly the clips don't do the difference justice. It really is quite significant in person compared to before.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Don't think you'll find a person on this forum that has gotten the Vibrant Resonators and hated them. They truly do work when it comes to toning down the extreme rasp this engine has with an X pipe. Volume reduction will take a longer resonated X-Pipe and Sport equivalent mufflers.

Even with my Corsa Sport, this car is LOUD at WOT. It's just nice and manageable otherwise unless someone pisses me off by pulling out in front of me.

OP
OP

Ryan_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Don't think you'll find a person on this forum that has gotten the Vibrant Resonators and hated them. They truly do work when it comes to toning down the extreme rasp this engine has with an X pipe. Volume reduction will take a longer resonated X-Pipe and Sport equivalent mufflers.

Even with my Corsa Sport, this car is LOUD at WOT. It's just nice and manageable otherwise unless someone pisses me off by pulling out in front of me.
I'm thinking the Vibrants or equivalent might still be a little loud, but I'm sure it would clean up the sound. I'd like to find a nice high flowing resonated center section...or maybe the Varex setup

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I'm thinking the Vibrants or equivalent might still be a little loud, but I'm sure it would clean up the sound. I'd like to find a nice high flowing resonated center section...or maybe the Varex setup
Keep in mind the clips were Extremes and not Sport. Significant difference in volume there as well.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Hi, our 12469 resonated X unit will not have a negative impact on performance. The section in the center is just over 4" inches long, which is not enough to make a difference in real-world results. It has been thoroughly tested during development on our in-house flow bench as we do for all of our products. If we can answer any other questions about it, feel free to give our customer support a call at 1-800-990-0905!

OP
OP

Ryan_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Hi, our 12469 resonated X unit will not have a negative impact on performance. The section in the center is just over 4" inches long, which is not enough to make a difference in real-world results. It has been thoroughly tested during development on our in-house flow bench as we do for all of our products. If we can answer any other questions about it, feel free to give our customer support a call at 1-800-990-0905!
Thanks for the reply. I'm not going to say your claim is wrong, but could you explain how tapering down to what seems to be roughly the diameter of a single 3" pipe wouldn't cause any backpressure issues? My car makes 760rwhp, and it doesn't seem like that would flow enough.

Last edited:

Sponsored

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
If you want a true 3" dual in X resonator, look at the Jones MF2469 Max Flow muffler. Same size as the MF , it's 409 stainless and only $50.

I'm thinking of getting one for my car to quieten it down After installing MBRP LT's my Outlaw catback's are insanely loud.

OP
OP

Ryan_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
If you want a true 3" dual in X resonator, look at the Jones MF2469 Max Flow muffler. Same size as the MF , it's 409 stainless and only $50.

I'm thinking of getting one for my car to quieten it down After installing MBRP LT's my Out

I'm thinking of getting one for my car to quieten it down After installing MBRP LT's my Outlaw catback's are insanely loud.

I also saw that one. I was just trying to verify what the internal configuration was.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my 08 I ran borla stingers with a Mac prochamber and no cats. That midpipe setup really made it sound great. Haven't seen any s550s with the prochamber...

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
For those who were curious about the "resonated midpipe" that Borla offers as an add on to their catback system (Borla 60661). It is most definitely 2-1/2" Internally. I called Borla direct and they swore up and down that it's 3" internal... it's most definitely not. Since we're doing long tubes into mid pipe into oem axle back and active mufflers, we'll probably keep it and fab it up how we want. Luckily I got it used for $140 so I can't complain too much.

slater550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
On my 08 I ran borla stingers with a Mac prochamber and no cats. That midpipe setup really made it sound great. Haven't seen any s550s with the prochamber...
I plan on it when they release it. I spoke with mac and they stated they hope to have longtubes out in febuary. I'm waiting on an answer from them if the 15-17 prochamber will fit the 18. I don't see why it wouldn't. if it does I will be picking one up and waiting on the release of the longtubes and exhaust
Sponsored