Sponsored

Tomtop Unit Fixes

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
My unit powers up when I open the door. Is there a fix for this? Does the yellow battery (B+) wire need to connected? It looks like there is already a 12 volt source in the wiring harness. Thanks in advance!
I would think you might lose all your saved settings if you did not have a constant power source.
Sponsored

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has anyone fixed the issue of power up with door open ?

Just installed my unit today and it does the same thing... Hope someone has a fix, its annoying.

ghostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2017 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You might need to empty your cache then... There's 2 different HU on my main page. I can send you a screenshot. I didn't not gave up the HU. My domain expired.
Thanks for all the great updates on your site StangATX! :clap2:

I came across this video on youtube: [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]UHvlE_kYHJg[/MEDIA]"]

Are you still working on the tomtop Sync 3?

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks for all the great updates on your site StangATX! :clap2:

I came across this video on youtube:

Are you still working on the tomtop Sync 3?

I saw that video and was wondering were to get that update from

ghostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2017 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I saw that video and was wondering were to get that update from
StangATX was developing it, but I'm not sure if he completed it. I would pay for the update. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

joe007

Joe007
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
I am thinking of getting a tomtop system... But I am not able to put the upgrades in... Would someone update the system for me? Of course I would pay you for your time..
Thank you
Joe

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
I am thinking of getting a tomtop system... But I am not able to put the upgrades in... Would someone update the system for me? Of course I would pay you for your time..
Thank you
Joe
Honestly if I were you I wouldn't get the Tom Top. I have it... I bought it when it first hit the market, and to be honest it is ok, but the updates are available are very small. and I'm sure there will not be any more advancements on the units capabilities, because the low memory makes it weak in comparison to the newer unit that other members are using now. If I were you I would go with the "Tesla" version that other members are using and modifying now. it has so much more potential from what I have read, and this Tom Top has no potential anymore.
1 of my big complaints is I wish the Tom Top would give the radio broadcast info that almost EVERY radio does today. It only shows the radio station number, it dosn't give the radio verbiage like the song or artist info or the radio call letters. The sync features do but not the radio stations.
Trust me you will be much happier with the other unit that is out and being hacked now. Plus it has a much bigger screen. on top of the climate controls work on it and the vehicle info will work on it. The Tom Top does not do that at all.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I'm actually still pretty happy with my TomTop unit. I don't want everything to be controlled by touch screen; I'd rather keep the physical buttons, thanks.

That said, does anyone know of the update protocol for Sync using the TomTop front end?

EDIT:

So far no dice; I followed the instructions and formatted a USB stick in exFAT but my car won't even recognize it (not a good sign).

I wonder if the best procedure would be to take the car to a dealer and see if they can force flash Sync (which, jesus, ugh) via a different method.

Last edited:

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I thought it needed to be FAT32

Sponsored

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
I'm actually still pretty happy with my TomTop unit. I don't want everything to be controlled by touch screen; I'd rather keep the physical buttons, thanks.

That said, does anyone know of the update protocol for Sync using the TomTop front end?

EDIT:

So far no dice; I followed the instructions and formatted a USB stick in exFAT but my car won't even recognize it (not a good sign).

I wonder if the best procedure would be to take the car to a dealer and see if they can force flash Sync (which, jesus, ugh) via a different method.
The USB has to be FAT or FAT32. To update, go to SYNC settings menu and find install on sync.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
The USB has to be FAT or FAT32. To update, go to SYNC settings menu and find install on sync.
I'm not saying you're wrong -- in fact, I've gone back and reformatted the drive -- but here's a screenshot from Ford's own webpage:

So there's an "install" option on the TomTop front end?

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Hopefully I'm wrong but yall aren't trying to update yall's Sync2 systems with Sync3 updates are yall?

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
For the record, installing the Sync update was actually pretty straightforward. I had to format the drive in FAT32 (unlike what Ford's own website said) but TomTop installed it just fine.

There were plenty of points when it looked like nothing was happening, but the USB stick I used had an activity light that would flash so I just let it go.

I went inside and did chores for half an hour and when I came out everything was done and my version number had changed, so hurrah. Maybe this means I won't have to pull the damn Sync fuse every 6 weeks now?
Sponsored