Sponsored

Tomtop Unit Fixes

imagness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang 2.3 Ecoboost
:thumbsup: Keep us updated!
Good morning, I downloaded a fresh copy of NextGen and cleared out my SD card, transferred it and followed all the instructions but still no sound. It's so weird because I do hear the music volume from the radio decrease as though the voice guidance is playing but I don't hear voice guidance at all.
Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Good morning, I downloaded a fresh copy of NextGen and cleared out my SD card, transferred it and followed all the instructions but still no sound. It's so weird because I do hear the music volume from the radio decrease as though the voice guidance is playing but I don't hear voice guidance at all.
It happened to me once. I forgot how I managed to bring my sound back. However your radio shouldn't decrease. It should completely stop. It looks like something in the settings is missing... Whenever you reinstall the Nexgen you chose English US as language but English UK as voice right?

imagness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It happened to me once. I forgot how I managed to bring my sound back. However your radio shouldn't decrease. It should completely stop. It looks like something in the settings is missing... Whenever you reinstall the Nexgen you chose English US as language but English UK as voice right?
Yes, that's exactly what I did. Did you select male or female UK voice? I tried both but neither worked.

imagness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you refresh the firmware to the original version instead of the updated one?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Female or Male shouldn't matter. Unless one of the .dll got corrupted during transfer. What do you mean refresh the firmware? My unit came with April 2016 I updated to my latest and nothing changed for the voices so far. (the problem happened whenever I was on April build and I was doing testing to actually release Nextgen). I can send you my SDCard backup if you'd like to try it out... (I'll try to make a backup of my SDCard tomorrow and send it over if you're interested).

Sponsored

imagness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Female or Male shouldn't matter. Unless one of the .dll got corrupted during transfer. What do you mean refresh the firmware? My unit came with April 2016 I updated to my latest and nothing changed for the voices so far. (the problem happened whenever I was on April build and I was doing testing to actually release Nextgen). I can send you my SDCard backup if you'd like to try it out... (I'll try to make a backup of my SDCard tomorrow and send it over if you're interested).
That would definitely be worth a try. I will wait for you to post it. In the meantime I found this on one of the posts when I searched Google.

Quote:

Have you got both iGO8 and Primo, on the same SD? You can do that, but then you need to add a few additional lines to your "sys.txt".

You often don't need a "sys.txt" file at all, but having it shouldn't cause the problem you seem to have. But I would change yours to:

[debug]
experimental_features=1

[folders]
has_secondary_root=0; needed if you have iGO8 on the same card

[interface]
extra_settings=1
capture_to_jpeg=1
show_exit=1
resolution_dir="800_480"

[rawdisplay]
highres=0
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
class="landscape"

[sound]
ding=0
csv_voice_enabled=1

[tts]
tts_buffer=131072
announce_exit_directions=1
tts_logics=3
priority="HIGH"
always_say_road_names=1; 's' added to 'names'
announce_street_name=1
skip_exit_numbers=0

This is not say that you need all the lines.

And of course, delete your "save" folder each time you make a change and before you then re-start.

The fact that only front speakers get muted, during voice directions is quite normal.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never changed that settings and I have both on the same SDCard. You could try it. We never know maybe your unit is a little picky. I will make a backup tomorrow and send you a PM with the link. If I forget just send me a PM in the afternoon and I'll do it ASAP.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mounted quickly my tablet in the car tonight. and I tested my prototype. So far Android Auto is running good but I have some trouble with my GPS antenna... You can see I ran Waze and Google Maps but Waze was kinda late on the position lock... I will try to flash the Tomtop unit to Android later down the road whenever I will have the unit on my bench test.

PS: Sorry for the quality it's kinda blurry and shaky. It's not easy to take a video when the car is moving.

[ame]

imagness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never changed that settings and I have both on the same SDCard. You could try it. We never know maybe your unit is a little picky. I will make a backup tomorrow and send you a PM with the link. If I forget just send me a PM in the afternoon and I'll do it ASAP.
Stangatx,
I tried updating the sys.txt file with the suggestions I received but still no sound. I guess I am going to have to wait for you to send me your files so I can try it instead. At least I will know that yours works, and if it does not turn on the sound, then we would have eliminated one possible cause and go onto the next.

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I'm stoked to see what you can do with the TomTop running Android Auto!

One quick question: I still have the "one Connected" thing now. Should I just find that in the XML of your installer and edit it out and reflash?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stangatx,
I tried updating the sys.txt file with the suggestions I received but still no sound. I guess I am going to have to wait for you to send me your files so I can try it instead. At least I will know that yours works, and if it does not turn on the sound, then we would have eliminated one possible cause and go onto the next.
Alrighty, I will make a backup of my SDCard this afternoon and send it to you.

I'm stoked to see what you can do with the TomTop running Android Auto!

One quick question: I still have the "one Connected" thing now. Should I just find that in the XML of your installer and edit it out and reflash?
You will need to backup the .XML from the unit itself and modify it. I'll keep y'all posted for AA!

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I need you all to clear your cache from your web browser. I updated the website interface. It will now ask you which unit you're looking for. You will have the choice between Tesla headunit or Tomtop headunit. (The website is remaining the same as before).

club718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Hi Guys Just Bought A Tom Top unit It Came with the april 11 2016 build update on it but didn't come with the one connected fix but will apply the fix great info but I guess the new units already have the build fix which is great

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Guys Just Bought A Tom Top unit It Came with the april 11 2016 build update on it but didn't come with the one connected fix but will apply the fix great info but I guess the new units already have the build fix which is great
Congrats! What do you mean by build fix? You don't Chinese Pause and Play? (I sent the build to my seller. I don't know if he will update the unit but if he does it'll be Jul 2016).
Sponsored