Tomtop Unit Fixes

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I think your site is down.
Thanks for letting me know! I just saw my domain expired today and I forgot to renew it. Sorry about that! It should be back online within a couple of minutes. :cheers:
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Sub, just bought a tomtop.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update: The website is back up. Sorry I didn't update before.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

alonsogaldean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
I tried the update and its says successful, but after it boots it goes straight into windows CE desktop and just stays there. I tried flashing it twice and it did the same thing. What did I do wrong?

Sponsored

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I tried the update and its says successful, but after it boots it goes straight into windows CE desktop and just stays there. I tried flashing it twice and it did the same thing. What did I do wrong?
That's actually pretty cool, I wish I had gotten to that point with mine!

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I'm not sure what help I can be but want to try. StangATX might be able to help more. Just to try and make sure we're on the same page, when you went to update your unit, you got these screens right? If I'm correct I believe after the last pic you get the touch calibration screen. Did you ever get that far?

31689325040_bb0e119def_c.jpg

31689326250_cf92d2c147_c.jpg

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright, This could be due to a corrupted file while you were copying over to the SDCard (Most of the time it's the one called "TourRay Ford" & "updateSetting" clean your SDCard and copy everything again. If it's still not working send me a PM I'll try to help you more.

That's actually pretty cool, I wish I had gotten to that point with mine!
You should've asked me lol I go on the desktop everyday to setup my WiFi haha. I have a special file that I tested on my emulator and works great on Tomtop it'll bring you straight to the desktop. However WinCE is in persistent mode... You won't go far with it lol.

I'm not sure what help I can be but want to try. StangATX might be able to help more. Just to try and make sure we're on the same page, when you went to update your unit, you got these screens right? If I'm correct I believe after the last pic you get the touch calibration screen. Did you ever get that far?

31689325040_bb0e119def_c.jpg

31689326250_cf92d2c147_c.jpg

As RedfireV8 said you should see something like that during the flash and right after the last screenshot he's showing you it should ask to calibrate your screen. If it didn't ask to calibrate then it's the file I mentioned above that are corrupted... You'll need to copy over again.

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update on a newer GPS... "Waze" lol. Here's a video of Waze working half way with my WiFi dongle... I have the data connection but not the GPS lock position... I'm sure it's just a file to modify. I just need to know which one lol. So far, so good the WiFi driver I built is pretty stable

PS: I wasted all my data again this is why it's slow. I really need to anticipate my data now lol

[ame]

djshaffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6 - 51A Package
AHHH WAIT!!! okay, so i redid the update and it worked. :D BUT BUT BUT, when you try to do the "one connected" fix, it takes it back to a messed up temp and Chinese play/pause button!! I redid the update because id rather deal with one connected than the Chinese and temp lol.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
So the Chinese play/pause must also be embedded in the XML with the "one connected" bug.

Weirdly, I have the correct temperature (and in F), have fixed the "one connected" bug, and still have the Chinese play/pause button.

Also no way to change the date, so when I want no audio it displays the wrong date (and the days of the week are misspelled, because jesus, how sloppy can you get?).

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the Chinese play/pause must also be embedded in the XML with the "one connected" bug.

Weirdly, I have the correct temperature (and in F), have fixed the "one connected" bug, and still have the Chinese play/pause button.

Also no way to change the date, so when I want no audio it displays the wrong date (and the days of the week are misspelled, because jesus, how sloppy can you get?).
Chinese buttons are embedded in the XML and in the main .dll for the Sync2 app to work. If the dll can't find the correct XML code it will display Chinese again. This was the only way I could modify it. My bad for using an older XML though. This is why the "One Connected" and wrong misspelled words shows up. When you turn off the radio (In the morning) you will see the date is correct. I was trying to work on a fix for it but it works half way... After noon it'll show the wrong date. This is due because of the WinCE OS though. Still trying to find a way to work around it. Sorry to reply so late. I've been busy lately someone rear ended my car :frusty:
Sponsored