Sponsored

Tomtop Unit Fixes

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Good news guys! We are having a solution to fix bricked unit! I've been testing some files and [MENTION=17118]ranger11x[/MENTION] tried it on his brand new unit. We bricked his unit by accident by flashing some files system lol. However I sent him files over and he was able to flash his unit back without even touching anything(Not even typing a code because he didn't even have access to the boot logo)! This is good news! Don't be afraid of messing around with your unit! We have a solution for you to fix it now!
Sponsored

..::Ryan::..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic
Does anyone have details on the getting videos via USB drive to work? I grabbed a USB 2.0 16 GB thumb drive from work, and put some MP4 videos on the root of the USB, but the unit does not detect the files when I plug it in. Does it need to be under a certain size, or formatted as FAT32?

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Does anyone have details on the getting videos via USB drive to work? I grabbed a USB 2.0 16 GB thumb drive from work, and put some MP4 videos on the root of the USB, but the unit does not detect the files when I plug it in. Does it need to be under a certain size, or formatted as FAT32?
I believe it needs to be FAT32

GeoffyH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Conv. Magnetic 051A Group Leather Seats
How do you update Sync though Tomtop?

Hi all,
Has anyone with this unit figured out yet how to update the sync? :shrug:

Thanks,
Geoff

Sponsored

GeoffyH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
I have done 2 successful sync updates following Ford's instructions with USB stick in front location before I did the Tomtop unit install.
So put USB stick with install files in the same location (also tried other USB location under armrest & also tried Tomtops USB input) went to sync on tomtop screen then aux to let sync locate new firmware files on USB but it's not recognizing the install files as a valid file. I have downloaded the ford sync file & unzipped to the USB stick file twice (different sticks) just to make sure it wasn't corrupted. Also checked to make sure files are in the right place on the USB stick:
Root directory of USB:-
SyncMyRide (folder) 690 MB (723,677,184 bytes) 7 files in this folder
install.lst (file) 817 bytes
autoinstall.lst (file) 161 bytes

Any help on this would be great...
Thanks,
Geoff

https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1T4GGNI_en-GBCA471CA471&q=recognizing&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjK37nL1K3QAhVhxYMKHZ0AC1sQvwUIGSgA

HrDrift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
New skin layout looks clean!! cant wait for the final release! keep it up!!!

also when i try to play video files it seems like the video works fine but there would be no sound. Any help would be appreciated.

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Are you guys fixing the wording inconsistencies in the units as well? This Tomtop unit looks like the kit to get right now.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you guys fixing the wording inconsistencies in the units as well? This Tomtop unit looks like the kit to get right now.
We are working on many things on it. We are working on fixing the wording, backlight, and hopefully get a Sync3 running. We've been pretty busy lately but we are still present! :thumbsup:

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
We are working on many things on it. We are working on fixing the wording, backlight, and hopefully get a Sync3 running. We've been pretty busy lately but we are still present! :thumbsup:
By SYNC3, you mean a theme, right? Or are you actually getting the Tomtop to work with a true SYNC3 module?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By SYNC3, you mean a theme, right? Or are you actually getting the Tomtop to work with a true SYNC3 module?
Yes the theme. The real Sync3 isn't Microsoft based it's QNX which is Blackberry's architecture. However I'll try my best to make it as close as the real one.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
So [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] theres several units of these suckers posted on eBay, any recommendations on buying from a specific seller? looking to get this sucker next week! Thanks for all the awesome work you have done!

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Yes the theme. The real Sync3 isn't Microsoft based it's QNX which is Blackberry's architecture. However I'll try my best to make it as close as the real one.
The theme you've made looks closer to SYNC3 than the Moddiction unit I have. That picture looks like you got HD radio to show the station ID information too (like our SYNC2 had). You may convince me to buy a TomTop unit and sell my Moddiction unit if you keep making such awesome progress!

Great job!

GeoffyH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
Can Anybody Help?? Re: Sync update though Tomtop

I have done 2 successful sync updates following Ford's instructions with USB stick in front location before I did the Tomtop unit install.
So put USB stick with install files in the same location (also tried other USB location under armrest & also tried Tomtops USB input) went to sync on tomtop screen then aux to let sync locate new firmware files on USB but it's not recognizing the install files as a valid file. I have downloaded the ford sync file & unzipped to the USB stick file twice (different sticks) just to make sure it wasn't corrupted. Also checked to make sure files are in the right place on the USB stick:
Root directory of USB:-
SyncMyRide (folder) 690 MB (723,677,184 bytes) 7 files in this folder
install.lst (file) 817 bytes
autoinstall.lst (file) 161 bytes

Any help on this would be great...
Thanks,
Geoff

https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1T4GGNI_en-GBCA471CA471&q=recognizing&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjK37nL1K3QAhVhxYMKHZ0AC1sQvwUIGSgA
Please :gossip:
Geoff
Sponsored