TOMTOP 8" Touchscreen Upgrade: Post-Install Issues & Help Thread

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I just shot the an email as well but haven't heard back...would you mind posting the information they sent you in the email?
I also tried using the navi toolbox but it didn't even recognize my SD card from the nav unit.
Sponsored

arizalitacastro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 S550
So I installed the tomtop in my wife's 2016 V6 vert and all is working perfectly. The unit has a build date of 25 April 2016 so I believe it has the latest update. The only problem is we're in Europe (military). Does anyone have the European maps for the navi? How do I go about changing it?
hit me up im here and need the US maps (when i return to the states) they sent me a tomtop with European maps just installed today

jkmskfk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Eco

so this is tomtop update files right??? "Mrdomo" said extract .rar file to sd card, so just move all those files to sd card?
any recommend for what type or size?? just buy cheapeast small one?
and this update will update temprerature problem and some letters but how about navi updates?? is it included??

1 - turn on car. (car must be fully running) not just powered on else if the tom top doesn't complete the update and the battery turns off it will run it. that what almost happened to me.

2 - wait for tomtop to load up

3 - remove navi sd card and insert update sd card

4 - go to setting / settings / system update / 12345688

5 - select "mustang sync" option and press 'ok'

6 - it will give you a timer on the top left corner and the unit will restart.

7 - it will bring up a DOS boot loader interface. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! just let it run and do its thing. this will take about 2 minutes or more

8 - You will get the screen calibration thing.

9 - Done!

Last edited:

Sponsored

stang_man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2105 Mustang GTPP
hit me up im here and need the US maps (when i return to the states) they sent me a tomtop with European maps just installed today
Yeah I can hook you up. I received a link from Tomtop with the files i need but now the voice directions are not working. The music mutes as if it were going to speak but nothing...

GeoffyH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Conv. Magnetic 051A Group Leather Seats
Yeah I can hook you up. I received a link from Tomtop with the files i need but now the voice directions are not working. The music mutes as if it were going to speak but nothing...
I've had the no-voice issue since day one of my install, it worked for a day about week after the install, but then went back to just the volume dropping where instructions should be... Did the update but that didn't help.
:frusty::shrug::headbonk:

arizalitacastro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 S550
no need to fear mine is working perfectly I love it, just turn off the navi volume in the system but turn up the volume on the actual app an bam it will start working, still cuts out the music but that's okay cause I would rather hear when to turn over the music, here is my email so we can exchange numbers better yet are you in the ktown muscle facebook group??? ah just noticed you can send PM here I sent my number hit me up thanks again

Last edited:

GeoffyH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Conv. Magnetic 051A Group Leather Seats
no need to fear mine is working perfectly I love it, just turn off the navi volume in the system but turn up the volume on the actual app an bam it will start working, still cuts out the music but that's okay cause I would rather hear when to turn over the music, here is my email so we can exchange numbers better yet are you in the ktown muscle facebook group??? ah just noticed you can send PM here I sent my number hit me up thanks again

Hi arizalitacastro,
Just tried it with the navi turned off in the system settings but no joy, so disconnected my battery for 5 minutes, still no voices.. :doh: Are there any other settings in the app that I should look at changing ??
Thanks for the help,
Geoff

arizalitacastro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 S550
Hi arizalitacastro,
Just tried it with the navi turned off in the system settings but no joy, so disconnected my battery for 5 minutes, still no voices.. :doh: Are there any other settings in the app that I should look at changing ??
Thanks for the help,
Geoff
i reset the system with the little (i) then i turned off the navi volume thru the main interface settings, after this i turn on and adjusted the volume thru igo navigation app and it started working, also i noticed the little blue O on the map view upper right hand corner that when pressed brings up another volume bar at the bottom, when pressed and turned off it will mute all voice this might also be the problem, i will also mention it is pretty handy also cause it doesn't interrupt the music when playing so as you touch the screen you can keep enjoying your music but you lose voice navigation

Sponsored

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe

so this is tomtop update files right??? "Mrdomo" said extract .rar file to sd card, so just move all those files to sd card?
any recommend for what type or size?? just buy cheapeast small one?
and this update will update temprerature problem and some letters but how about navi updates?? is it included??

1 - turn on car. (car must be fully running) not just powered on else if the tom top doesn't complete the update and the battery turns off it will run it. that what almost happened to me.

2 - wait for tomtop to load up

3 - remove navi sd card and insert update sd card

4 - go to setting / settings / system update / 12345688

5 - select "mustang sync" option and press 'ok'

6 - it will give you a timer on the top left corner and the unit will restart.

7 - it will bring up a DOS boot loader interface. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! just let it run and do its thing. this will take about 2 minutes or more

8 - You will get the screen calibration thing.

9 - Done!

Everything should be on the "ROOT" directory of the SDcard any SD card will do as long as the files fit. The update fixes some Spelling errors and the Temperature changes to Farenheit

BrianGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anybody know when this thing will be able to save backlight settings? Or at least make the day setting brighter?

jkmskfk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Eco
Everything should be on the "ROOT" directory of the SDcard any SD card will do as long as the files fit. The update fixes some Spelling errors and the Temperature changes to Farenheit
Hm..... that "root" directory sounds confusing... I'll do some research on youtube

Mrdomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Coupe
Hm..... that "root" directory sounds confusing... I'll do some research on youtube

"Root" means the very first folder as soon as you open the SD card directory.

For example:

Correct would be

SDCARD / Updatefiles

Incorrect
SDCARD/ 温度改华氏软件/ UpdateFiles

jkmskfk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Eco
thank you! that make sense alot.
but i thought that little sd card already plugged in is for navi file?? so if i take that out and put new sd card, isnt navi is not working anymore?? or
do i put the old sd card back after I update new files??

"Root" means the very first folder as soon as you open the SD card directory.

For example:

Correct would be

SDCARD / Updatefiles

Incorrect
SDCARD/ 温度改华氏软件/ UpdateFiles
Sponsored