OP
Jubilex

Jubilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
nice job ! how was the installation
Installation was not as bad as I had thought. Took approximately 3 hours. Basically, a few baby shampoo drops in water sprayer, wet it down good, place it down... For curves a blow dryer is necessary (going real slow).

Once you start blow drying for the curves you can no longer remove and replace/shift it. As long as you are careful and take your time it goes pretty smoothly.

Oh yea, for the back up light I had to cut the template they gave me. I made a template of the existing light size and used that to cut the one they provided. About 1/4 inch off bottom and an inch off each side. The template they give you is for GT, so I guess the rear diffuser is different for backup light.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Looks excellent. I know i'll be doing the side markers and other little ones to start. The one little thing that has bothered me on all S550 cars is the chrome on the inside of the headlights. Im wondering if in the 18 refresh Ford will dull it or black it out, similar to what happened on the 2001+ mustangs from 99-00

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Looking great, pretty close to being fully "Murdered Out".:ninja: BTW, what % window tint did you go with?

OP
OP
Jubilex

Jubilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Installation was not as bad as I had thought. Took approximately 3 hours. Basically, a few baby shampoo drops in water sprayer, wet it down good, place it down... For curves a blow dryer is necessary (going real slow).

Once you start blow drying for the curves you can no longer remove and replace/shift it. As long as you are careful and take your time it goes pretty smoothly.

Oh yea, for the back up light I had to cut the template they gave me. I made a template of the existing light size and used that to cut the one they provided. About 1/4 inch off bottom and an inch off each side. The template they give you is for GT, so I guess the rear diffuser is different for backup light.

Looking good [MENTION=20408]Jubilex[/MENTION] - Gorgeous car. What's the F-Series up front? Did I mention we have truck parts too!?

Sounds like you could've given us an install guide while you were at it. I'm interested to see the template you had made.

It's tough to tell but I know the brake light above the mesh section is a little "softer" doesn't have a hard edges if that makes sense guys.

Can you post up a picture so I can have it sent over to my Vinyl Team? If it's in the trash don't worry about it I think we'll have a 350 here at some point for some goodies.

Make sure to post up a review (Right Here) and some pictures (Right Here!)

Thanks again for your support and business and drop me a line if there's anything I can help out with.

Alex

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I know this thread is a month or so old, but rather than start a new one on this topic, why now carry on with this one, :shrug:

When my car arrives, my first line of business is to tint everything I can. I just viewed a CJ Pony video doing the heads, tails, markers....etc. Anyway, to me, the job looks like shit. I could see lot of bubbles and lines left in the lenses. Is this how they all look after the install or is this guy just showing 'how' without doing a first rate job?

Hoping the OP or anyone else, that has done this, could give a little info about the outcome of this work? :D

Thanx :cheers:

Sponsored

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I know this thread is a month or so old, but rather than start a new one on this topic, why now carry on with this one, :shrug:

When my car arrives, my first line of business is to tint everything I can. I just viewed a CJ Pony video doing the heads, tails, markers....etc. Anyway, to me, the job looks like shit. I could see lot of bubbles and lines left in the lenses. Is this how they all look after the install or is this guy just showing 'how' without doing a first rate job?

Hoping the OP or anyone else, that has done this, could give a little info about the outcome of this work? :D

Thanx :cheers:

I think unless you're a real pro it's inevitable you're going to get some bubbles and lines. I had a couple bubbles and lines on my taillights and headlights but nothing major. My friend however bought his tint off AM and took it to a tint installer and they came out flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I think unless you're a real pro it's inevitable you're going to get some bubbles and lines. I had a couple bubbles and lines on my taillights and headlights but nothing major. My friend however bought his tint off AM and took it to a tint installer and they came out flawless.

I may be a bit too anal when it comes to that stuff, but I hate seeing lines and bumps. But reailty is, no one else can see it and no one else cares.:doh:

Thanx for the response.:)

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I may be a bit too anal when it comes to that stuff, but I hate seeing lines and bumps. But reailty is, no one else can see it and no one else cares.:doh:

Just get it installed professionally then, I think my friend said it ran him $75.

OP
OP
Jubilex

Jubilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350

I did it all myself. There are no bubble or cracks or lines. I got mine from American Muscle. I just took my time. Before starting I made sure there were no big plastic extrusions that needed filed down. On each tail light there is a small circle where I guess they broke it away from the mold that needed smoothed out.

Other than that there are a few lights that have raised tiny words in the plastic in the corner. The tint is not perfect in those areas. For curved pieces, a hairdryer is a must. Remember once you use the hairdryer you cannot unpeel and repeal so make sure its lined up.

Mustang99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I used the AM kit and did it myself. If you take your time and go realllly slow it should turn out ok. I spent around 5 hours trying to make it come out perfect. Just figure out which lights are the easiest and do those first so you can get some practice. I did the fog lights first which turned out to be the hardest and I really screwed them up. But they sent me a new set for free and the second attempt looks professional. Also read the instructions carefully. Each piece has a protective film over it. Some pieces are easier to install with the film on and others are better if you take the film offer prior to installation. And like it's been said before, a hair dryer is a must.

Sponsored