Sponsored

Thoughts in steeda intake?

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
While Steeda CA is a distributor of ours, as long as they abide by our MAP policy they can price the CAI as they see fit.
Was hoping that since you had an actual Canadian presence/site it would mean we Canadian's wouldn't get as shafted on price.

Even with the exchange rate the way it is these days, I can order the intake from the US site, pay for shipping and it still comes out a few dollars less than ordering from the Canadian site (with its free shipping).

If you are going to have a Canadian site (or distributor), maybe items should be priced in such a way that it is worthwhile ordering from for Canadians... :shrug:
Sponsored

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
I agree ^ It's been frustrating. I want to support local (steeda.ca is walking distance from my house) but the pricing makes it a tough decision, unless I feel like throwing my money away.

Any update on the CAI and tune for the ecoboost? I still don't see anything listed.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I agree ^ It's been frustrating. I want to support local (steeda.ca is walking distance from my house) but the pricing makes it a tough decision, unless I feel like throwing my money away.

Any update on the CAI and tune for the ecoboost? I still don't see anything listed.
Yep. I get that David is saying the .ca site is a distributor and as such steeda is not responsible for pricing. But you'd never know from just looking at the site it is not Steeda - url is is steeda.ca, the phone number has steeda in it, the site layout is similar to the US site. Given that one cannot tell it is a distributor site, with the pricing the way it is, it reflects poorly on steeda, imo.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Was hoping that since you had an actual Canadian presence/site it would mean we Canadian's wouldn't get as shafted on price.

Even with the exchange rate the way it is these days, I can order the intake from the US site, pay for shipping and it still comes out a few dollars less than ordering from the Canadian site (with its free shipping).

If you are going to have a Canadian site (or distributor), maybe items should be priced in such a way that it is worthwhile ordering from for Canadians... :shrug:

Yep. I get that David is saying the .ca site is a distributor and as such steeda is not responsible for pricing. But you'd never know from just looking at the site it is not Steeda - url is is steeda.ca, the phone number has steeda in it, the site layout is similar to the US site. Given that one cannot tell it is a distributor site, with the pricing the way it is, it reflects poorly on steeda, imo.
I hear ya, I can certainly reach out to them and relay this feedback.

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
I agree, Jetman. I'm assuming the hp/torque increase of two will be close to the same. But I'm leaning towards the higher quality/better looking Steeda CAI.
I'm sure most CAI's will run pretty close performance wise. But if I'm dropping a fair amount of cash (which all of them are to me, including tune), I'm going to buy the highest quality one...even if it's a few dollars more.

Sponsored

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya, I can certainly reach out to them and relay this feedback.
Another disappointment is they don't honour your Mustang6G discount codes.

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
BANG!!! Just pulled the trigger on the intake and tuner, I'm stoked!!! this is the first performance mode I have ever purchased. Crossing fingers for a Saturday install as I live in Florida :-)

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Any update on when the CAI and tune will be available for the Ecoboost?

Sponsored

2015GaTor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mag. PP 6sd
David I am interested in the group buy for the intake as well. Can you please add me or is it too late?

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red

GoodEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP (race red)
Anyone get the Steeda CAI installed? Interested in how this compares to JLT. I contacted Livernois to make sure they could tune for it and they said they have :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Anyone get the Steeda CAI installed? Interested in how this compares to JLT. I contacted Livernois to make sure they could tune for it and they said they have :)

It's not out yet.

GoodEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP (race red)
All righty then. I'll just add myself to the list. Right. There.

Sponsored