Sponsored

This is why i hate the toyota Prius.....

duckydave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt premium black w/50 yr appearance pkg
I don't know why there is Prius haters.

For one, the Prius is excellent engineering. Now whether it makes financial sense to buy one is another question. But who in the Mustang community is trying to get the most miles for the least dollars?

Two, Prius weighs about 3000 lbs. OP took a hit, got out of his car, took some photos, walked away, and then posted here that he hates Prius. But if you take a hit by an 8000 lbs 1-ton diesel truck, or even 6000 lbs SUV, you are pretty much cooked.
Looks as if you have taken this out of context
If I am running in the hammer lane at or above the limit and a Prius (or any other hippie/hybred) trys to to pass me on the right I just let them eat smoke
Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Looks as if you have taken this out of context
If I am running in the hammer lane at or above the limit and a Prius (or any other hippie/hybred) trys to to pass me on the right I just let them eat smoke
ah, the right lane speeders.

And the tailgaters. Sigh. I once thought about buying an old diesel truck with 100k or more miles on it, just to generate some extra smoke and discourage the tailgaters. Not that I am that slow. :ninja: But we do get a lot of traffic in my area and people will aggressively tailgate even at highway speeds.

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP

For one, the Prius is excellent engineering. Now whether it makes financial sense to buy one is another question. But who in the Mustang community is trying to get the most miles for the least dollars?

Two, Prius weighs about 3000 lbs. OP took a hit, got out of his car, took some photos, walked away, and then posted here that he hates Prius. But if you take a hit by an 8000 lbs 1-ton diesel truck, or even 6000 lbs SUV, you are pretty much cooked.
Three, if the idiot in the Prius knew how to drive, the Mustang wouldn't have any damage at all

Focustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-

Since you posed the implied question of why there are Prius "haters."

Stereotypes exist for a reason: people of a certain mindset/background/culture can create a noticeable pattern. All of us see pretty much the same thing when we hear or read the words, "Prius owner." For some of us, the revulsion is immediate, especially if we've ever been harangued by a Prius owner.

A marvel of engineering or not, the Prius is a generic appliance that goes against what makes driving fun. It also serves as a giant fraternity pledge pin for a great many idiots, who need to appear "enlightened" for all to see. Most in that camp have no common sense, and display an inability to do math (that is, making a valid argument for the financial side of their purchase). The only thing this segment of Prius owners has is the ecological argument, which amounts to whether or not they piss in the ocean. While we have all moved on from myths like Santa Claus, the Boogeyman, the Easter Bunny, and man-induced climate change, Prius owners still cling to at least one of them.

Are all Prius owners a source of revulsion? Of course not. However, too many bad apples have created the stigma. When the brilliant South Park makes a "thing" of any cultural pattern, it usually hits home pretty solidly. After too many tangles with Prius no-signal-cut-off-then-left-lane-dawdle incidents, I'm left to be content in my prejudice. If I know what to expect of a Prius owner, the good ones will pleasantly surprise me.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
When the brilliant South Park makes a "thing" of any cultural pattern
I had to venture on over to youtube. I am not that culturally savvy. :ninja:

I stand corrected. I just assumed it was another small car with some over-engineering. But this is no ordinary small car. This is a "liberal" car. It's a slippery slope. By one of these, vote for Hillary. :lol:

Sponsored

Focustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I had to venture on over to youtube. I am not that culturally savvy. :ninja:

I stand corrected. I just assumed it was another small car with some over-engineering. But this is no ordinary small car. This is a "liberal" car. It's a slippery slope. By one of these, vote for Hillary. :lol:

Well, I'm not one for slippery-slope logic, however I'm guessing that 90% of Prius owners will be voting for Hillary, even though half of them are currently supporting Bernie Sanders.

I won't blame Toyota for it becoming such a poster car for liberals, but they certainly did move the car in a hugely dorky direction quickly once the first generation found a dorky target audience. The first gen was merely ugly, but everything that followed has been the "screaming meekness" motif. Check out the new generation that's coming out--same basic shape, but with enough Batmobile/anime frills and interrupted lines to embarrass anyone with a shred of taste. The customers seem to need even more "hey, look at how I'm saving the planet!" in their rides.

I'd rather be thought a Mustang douchebag than an insipid greenie.

Focustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
its nothing that can't be fixed by a set of aftermarket wheels / tires, and an NRA bumper sticker. :lol:
As your photo illustrates, performing a Frankenstein on a Prius would "fix" it. In fact, I think that would anger the typical Prius owner far more than a Mustang of any kind!

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
When Prius is said, I have vision of that scrawny Larry David in Curb You Enthusiasm.

Focustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
When Prius is said, I have vision of that scrawny Larry David in Curb You Enthusiasm.
Interesting. I usually think of overweight lesbians with clipped hair, Birkenstocks, B.O., and moles. However, you are very correct that the "male" Prius drivers look like Larry David, except with less grooming and hygiene.

Sponsored

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Interesting. I usually think of overweight lesbians with clipped hair, Birkenstocks, B.O., and moles. However, you are very correct that the "male" Prius drivers look like Larry David, except with less grooming and hygiene.
Well with that being said, I hope I never see or hear Prius again. Wonder what the "thing" that even thought of the word Prius looks like.

Focustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Well with that being said, I hope I never see or hear Prius again. Wonder what the "thing" that even thought of the word Prius looks like.
Probably looks a lot like Dame Edna Everage. Please Google that name if you are drawing a blank.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
You knew I would look it up and holy shit! Larry David looks better than that. And dame certainly ain't no dame