Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I'd be more concerned about correctly fitted incontinence pads than rock chips.
Oi! I resemble that remark :lol:

Don't listen to Mac, if he was a true car guy he'd have bought a Mustang not a Camaro :lol:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Baldy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2017 Magnetic
..............or find out when they are doing it and go with them. Their insurance is for any driver.
That's what I thought, they gave me some rubbish about insurance that meant I couldn't do it. Supposedly only Ford employees are insured to be on site at their compound, hard to believe. Think I'll go back to them and say that I'll meet the car just outside the gate of the compound and either drive or passenger it back to the dealership. The best solution for me, even better than it being put on a transporter to the dealership, with the potential damage caused during that process, would be me driving it there. I'll push for that and see what happens.

Can't wait to get this car!!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
They're doing you a favour, warming up the tyres nicely so you don't have to. That's service

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I agree with you, it should arrive at the dealers on a transporter. It will have 20 to 30 miles on it already because of all the fannying around at the various docks and rail yards, I wouldn't want another 35 on it.
I would be doing my pieces,. its a Brand New Car, it should arrive with you not being driven in the UK.
Yes you can't help it being driven and tested for the dealer checks, but that should be it
Mine was from the factory put on a transporter to the train to Canada and the same to the dealer, had around 10 miles on here when I picked her up. Have never heard that before for a brand new motor.
But it's a big decision to threaten to cancel, the dealer has you by the nuts a bit

what you could do, and I can't see why the dealer would refuse, is to be in the car when it's driven to the dealer, it's your car
you are not driving her, just a passenger

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
I'm expecting my car at the end of the month and so I went to Allen Ford Northampton yesterday to finalise some details....
May I ask why did you order the car from Northampton not Peterborough?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Baldy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2017 Magnetic
I originally test drove in Peterborough but they didn't have a GT manual, only an auto. I went to try the manual in Northampton, loved it and also found out they had a cancelled order. By this point like most people I was desperate to get my hands on one and so jumped on the cancelled order thinking it would save a good few months, so I ordered from them. I'd also heard several non-favourable tales of TCH regarding Mustang purchase and was keen to try elsewhere. Have your ordered yet?

OP
OP

Baldy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2017 Magnetic
To follow up on the original point of this thread, after a fairly bluntly written email from me, they offered to pit it on a transporter at their cost. They then rang me and said it would take 2-3 weeks to get it like that. If I wanted it quicker then I could drive to Northampton the following day, they would take me to the compound and I could passenger it the 35miles back to the dealership. That's what I did and I'm glad I did. The guy that drove my car was nice, and I was able to ask him to drive it how I wanted it to be driven, including not driving too close to the car in front. The car in front of us was a new RS being driven by the dealership manager. I was cringing at close he was following the car in front of him, there's just no need for it and why stone chipping (or worse) a customers new pride and joy?
Anyway, the car was ok and I'm over the moon with it, but the fact remains that they wouldn't have told me about the 35 mile drive to the dealership if I hadn't found out about it and that just doesn't sit right with me.

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
I'd also heard several non-favourable tales of TCH regarding Mustang purchase and was keen to try elsewhere. Have your ordered yet?
Yes I have. Now I'm worried a bit. What have you heard?

RSPcooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. Mini 30. Q5
Jim at TCH Derby was excellent, kept me informed, full tank on delivery, car not touched as requested,was going straight to detailer, Plenty of Mustang goodies on collection.Car immaculate and yes i am fussy. All round good experience.:ford:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Baldy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2017 Magnetic
Sorry, didn't mean to worry you. Peterborough is probably no worse than any other average Ford dealership. I only had an initial test drive there, with a guy called Justin who was very good in fairness. It was comments from others locally about poor product knowledge, communication, hand over on collection day etc that put me off. By the sound of others experiences, they can be issues at lots of dealerships, I'm sure you'll be fine there. However good or poor they are for you, you'll end up with an awesome car! What have you ordered?

FilipV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3
I've decided to go with Peterborough dealership because better google reviews then other local ones to me. Product knowledge was not important to me as I knew exactly what I want :) But the poor experience during hand over can ruin, what supposed to be exiting day. Do you remember roughly what was the main complain about them?

I ordered Magnetic GT auto with all options added but custom pack (not a fan of chrome trims on mustangs) :)

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Baldy I'm glad it worked out fine for you. When you first expressed concern over the 35 additional miles they could have just offered to let you passenger it from the compound in the first place instead of putting obstacles up. At least it would show they cared & listened but unfortunately too many in the trade do neither.
I was talking to someone who 30 odd years ago used to do new car deliveries & he said most of the drivers did not give two hoots about treating the cars considerately.
What was the mileage when you got in at the compound? Mine had 15 miles recorded when I picked it up. A few years ago I bought a Chrysler 300C fleet car & it was supposed to be transported to the dealer. They phoned me & asked if it was OK for it to be driven the 300 odd miles instead with ÂŁ500 knocked of the agreed price. I said yes.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Buy a cheap OBD datalogger or something similar onlineand have them plug it in when they go to transport it. Would probably be much less 200 bucks and you could see exactly how it was driven. Then anything else should be readily visible.