Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Go with a clean 2015-2017 GT for two reasons:

1. The 2018/2019 cars have engine problems. And the worst part is, no one seems to know WTF is causing all these engine problems. No one!

2. Upon purchasing new, the market value of all Mustangs falls like a woman's sex drive immediately after marriage. The 2015-2017 cars have already suffered the largest portion of their depreciation, paid for by previous owners; and can therefor be bought by you/me at a great price if you shop around and do your research to establish a fair market offer on one.

Many peeps will stand up, beat their chest and proclaim how much better the 2018/2019 car are, and tell you how you should buy the latest 'n greatest iteration of the S550. Those people would in some ways be correct, as the 2018/2019 cars are slightly "better" for sure, but not at the price difference of a clean 2015-2017 car. Said a different way, IMO, the slight improvements to a 2018/2019 cars are not worth the price increase.

Owners of 2018/2019 cars will say that I'm full of schiznit, but that is just a natural reaction/justification because at the end of the day it's really hard for people to accept that they made an emotional buying decision and more-than-likely bought a car that is 5% better at a 40-50% price increase.

Lastly, think of it this way: What could you do to a 2015-2017 car with all the money left over/saved that a 2018/2019 car would cost to buy?
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
That looks like a winner. Call a Ford dealer and flip the service advisor a few bucks to pull service info on the VIN.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As far as ride quality, you'll find the car a nice change. But I suspect you may feel a little disconnected compared to the WRX.
Remember, all wheel drive to rear wheel is a big change as well.
Also, this is a GT premium. It is tuned a little softer than a performance pack. Don't let that deter you at all. This car as it is would give a Boss 302 fits to keep up under all circumstances.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy

Sponsored

2015V6Fla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Premium MT6
I bought my 16 GT Performance Pack about 6 months ago and love it. No issues whatsoever and it drives soo much better than my 2011 GT.

But... life has a way to keep you on your heels and my wife and I are expecting our first child and I just don't know if this mustang is the car for me anymore. Shameless plug, but I noticed the car you're interested in and I'm probably going to have to sell my car soon and was hoping for a similar price. Attached some pics if you're interested.

15k miles
Recaros
20" Project 6G Rims
Ford Performance Exhaust
Never tuned, never eaten in, never smoked in.

PM if interested :-)
IMG_6525.JPG
IMG_6527.jpg
IMG_6524.JPG
IMG_6526.JPG
IMG_6533.jpg
IMG_6532.jpg
IMG_6524.JPG
Not a shameless plug at all with a sweet looking car like that! Of course, Iā€™m partial, since my ā€˜16 is almost identical. Wish I had the Recaro seats...

Congrats on, and good luck with, the pregnancy!!

What rear spoiler is that? I think that is one of the best looking ones Iā€™ve seen and am intrigued by it.

Thanks!

OP
OP

Pruby18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
So I test drove the crap out of it and decided to think it over....then they offered to let me take it home for a few days (great tactic). I definitely notice the lack of AWD and little slippage but man this thing is a beast and Iā€™m liking it the more I drive it. Few questions.

1. Is the apple car play standard or do it need to install that usb plug?

2. Itā€™s auto, with the drive selector in S is that mainly for paddle shifting?

3. Which modes are the best for trying to get it in a straight line? Iā€™m assuming sport steering and track mode?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For CarPlay, You may have to perform a sync update and install a new USB hub part. That's all.

OP
OP

Pruby18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Sync update? Is there a micro SD card I take out and install something? Thatā€™s how I did things on the WRX.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
I bought my 16 GT Performance Pack about 6 months ago and love it. No issues whatsoever and it drives soo much better than my 2011 GT.

But... life has a way to keep you on your heels and my wife and I are expecting our first child and I just don't know if this mustang is the car for me anymore. Shameless plug, but I noticed the car you're interested in and I'm probably going to have to sell my car soon and was hoping for a similar price. Attached some pics if you're interested.

15k miles
Recaros
20" Project 6G Rims
Ford Performance Exhaust
Never tuned, never eaten in, never smoked in.

PM if interested :-)
IMG_6525.JPG
IMG_6527.jpg
IMG_6524.JPG
IMG_6526.JPG
IMG_6533.jpg
IMG_6532.jpg
IMG_6524.JPG
IMG_5232.JPG

Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I have a 17 GT base manual and it's perfect. No panel gaps, bbq tick, driveshaft vibration or evap core issues yet.

Downside is suspension. Non PP cars are way too soft. Switch to FR street or track suspension kit and it really buttons the car down. That was my only gripe. Also the stock exhaust is very quiet.

As per your AWD slippage comment those stock 255 wide pzero neros provide OK traction for dailying. For Spirited driving summer and wider rims/tires make a world if a difference.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I have a 17 GT premium. If you're noticing slippage it may be helped by getting new tyres (tires in US!)as the Pirelli P Zeros we get as standard in the UK are terrible. Change for some Mich Pilot Sport 4s. Of course you're always going to get more slippage on a RWD compared to AWD but it's less fun .
No issue with reliability
Apple Carplay and Android Auto are standard compatibile with Sync 3.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford did a good job with the base GT suspension for most people, but the issue is enthusiasts aren't most people. It handles well but was a little bouncy for me, so I ended with the FP street after trying the track.
Hey, It's really tough to complain about a standard GT that bests a 2013 Boss 302 in every measurable area.
When you think of that fact it makes these gripes so trivial.

OP
OP

Pruby18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 WRX
Has anyone had any problems with their AC condenser or coil? Been seeing that as a common problem in these vehicles.

mattahmadi62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Not a shameless plug at all with a sweet looking car like that! Of course, Iā€™m partial, since my ā€˜16 is almost identical. Wish I had the Recaro seats...

Congrats on, and good luck with, the pregnancy!!

What rear spoiler is that? I think that is one of the best looking ones Iā€™ve seen and am intrigued by it.

Thanks!
It's the Shelby GT350 Track Pack Spoiler.

Bought from Ford.
Sponsored