Thinking of a few upgrades...

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Well guys I'm a month into ownership, and apart from my exhaust, rear deck lid and catch tank, I think it's about time to start considering a few suspension mods....

Options I've considered up to now are

BMR cradle lockout CB005
Steeda subframe alignment bushes 555-4438
Steeda diff bush inserts 555-4439

Or I can replace the BMR cradle lockout kit and go all Steeda with

Steeda subframe support 555-4437
Steeda subframe alignment bushes 555-4438
Steeda diff bush inserts 555-4439

Future plans will include uprated Front ARB and a slight lowering kit suppliers to be decided...:thumbsup:

Any thoughts on the above??:shrug:
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
No need for alignment bushes.

The BMR kit does it all and is better than all the Steeda is parts combined as its better engineered and weighs less, plus lots cheaper.

CB005 and Steeda red bush inserts transform the car, great for £250ish delivered.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No need for alignment bushes.

The BMR kit does it all and is better than all the Steeda is parts combined as its better engineered and weighs less, plus lots cheaper.

CB005 and Steeda red bush inserts transform the car, great for £250ish delivered.
Maybe you should write a guide ? :D

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
No need. Everyone knows Gibbo's car pulls harder, handles better and sounds more awesome than any other Mustang on the planet. Or at least, they should by now.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
No need. Everyone knows Gibbo's car pulls harder, handles better and sounds more awesome than any other Mustang on the planet. Or at least, they should by now.
Don't forget it goes round silverstone quicker ;)! :lol:

Okay lets stop bashing him, he's in Amsterdam and can't defend himself, only fair to let him defend himself! I should hope I get that same mercy :headbonk:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Gibbo's car looks great, and it would be easy to just copy everything he's done but I don't just want to clone someone else's car.....
I've read the guide, and it's useful info, but there is more than one way to skin a cat, and as a retired engineer I also like to consider other ways to get the results I'm looking for, which are probably different from Gibbos:)

I do appreciate the info he's put up though:thumbsup:

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
It really depends on what you're trying to achieve and how you're using/drivng the car?

For example, you could argue that fitting decent rubber would give far more of a performance 'enhancement' than any of those mods?

Then again, if you feel things are a bit 'mushy' then cradle lockouts or uprated ARBs may be the way to go? Though I'd be looking at springs and dampers before ARBs.

It's down to what you 'think' needs fixing and in my experience, 9 times out of 10 the differences are perceived, not empirically proven. The car as bone stock is pretty well sorted IMHO, speaking as someone who's done a fair bit of racing (at the right end of the grid btw! :). It's obviously setup as a GT, so stiffening it up will impact other areas - NVH for example.

Of course, that doesn't stop us all doing it ;)

CJ01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
Mondeo ST daily, Mustang GT when I want to smile
With my car now in Liverpool - possibly even closer - and just a few days away from pick up, I have found myself regularly visiting the usual suspects in terms of websites for parts, freight forwarders etc etc.

The most useful thing I seem to have acquired and fitted without knowing it is a spring loaded hinge for my wallet which seems to be re-opening at an alarming rate whenever I try to close it.

In addition, I think I may have inadvertently lubricated my money which is currently pulling out of said wallet harder than any Mustang on this forum pulls.

At this rate, I may have to invest in a BMR Credit Card Lockout and/or Steeda spend dampeners to reduce "cash hop".

I blame you all of course. As does my wife who believes I set her up with her own thread on here just so she could communicate with me. She doesn't realise I've actually put her in classifieds to raise some funds for those Vossens ...

:)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Were you the instructor at Silverstone who drove my car? If not glad you agree with him though. :D ;)

Beachfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airbus A380
Were you the instructor at Silverstone who drove my car? If not glad you agree with him though. :D ;)
I think that he may be taking the p1ss !! :headbonk:

Anyway everyone knows that my other drive is much faster and goes up quicker too!!:first:

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that he may be taking the p1ss !! :headbonk:

Anyway everyone knows that my other drive is much faster and goes up quicker too!!:first:
Banter! :D

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
LOL! You don't know instructors mate - they'll tell you anything if they think there's a sniff of more work and few quid in it. Note how he made a point of telling you how he was 'training some guys from London', bait our, then wait for the 'billy' to bite ;)

They're a breed apart (mostly trying to fund race careers, or are washed up from them) :)

That's not to say the mods you've made haven't changed the cars dynamics, I'd just advise caution to people who are less well informed who take the 'improvements' to be gospel :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, mods aren't really something you can try before you buy!

OP
OP
Enoch

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
It really depends on what you're trying to achieve and how you're using/drivng the car?

Of course, that doesn't stop us all doing it ;)
As an ex serial TVR owner, I'm pretty conversant with the usual upgrade paths and what they entail...... I know guys that have spent £1000's as opposed to my £100's and I still wiped the floor with them on track days and sprints....

I did have the fastest TVR sprint time at Curbourough many years ago:)

So what am I trying to achieve??..... I suppose a slight improvement in performance would be nice, and obviously asthetics also comes into it

Since putting the car through its paces a week or so ago, it became quite clear, that it was relatively easy, to unsettle the car in fast corners, so I'd like to improve that..
To be honest, the front end felt good, but I did detect a bit to much body roll when trying hard.

On the asthetics side, a small drop in ride height would help that, but if done correctly should also firm things up a little...
I would also like a little more rubber, and I'm looking at a different wheel set up...

I'm not into just chucking loads of money at things, and fitting stuff just because it's available, or because that's what everyone else is doing...
Small but perceptible improvements is the order of the day.

I'm mindful of how good the car is as stock, I'm not going to be doing track days or racing, but I will be doing lots of European, alpine type trips, and this is where I think the car will show its weaknesses, and I'd like to reduce or eliminate a few of them to take full advantage of the GT nature of the car...:cheers:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Euro trips is also the reason I have this GT. With the few quid I'm throwing at it, I'm hoping that it will enhance the drivability going over the Alps a few times. A bit more 'hunkered', a nice noise from all them fantastic tunnels in Europe and an aesthetically pleasing appearance.

Throw in some cosmetic add on stripes etc, et wallah! A GT of note and a great f*kin place to be in :)

I've had my fill of track days and re-maps etc in the search for more power, 400 odd HP is enough for my needs.

Oh, and I'm faster than anyone, so my Mrs says :lol: (no prizes for coming second eh? :thumbsup:)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] next time you're at Curborough give me a bell, it's round the corner from me! I'll show you how to do the slowest time possible around the track :lol: .

Yeah if you mod smart you can get more out of a car than someone who mods based on price point of an item. It's kind of like those that spend thousands on a MacBook VS those that custom build a PC. Equally, modding can quickly add up a hefty bill as I'm sure gibbo, mac, SteveC, Centurion, and 666tiles would agree with (They're the most modded S550s I can think of at the moment)!
Sponsored