Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Just because you wanna be over protective and listen to studies does not mean me letting my kids go front facing at weight appropriate time is voiding common sense or a laughing matter in my perfectly safe mustang.

and just because a seat is larger does not always equal "safer" there are tons of bad rated gigantic baby seats out there and highly rated compacts.
Sponsored

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Not being overly protective it is being protective. Every single safety study shows average age is 2-3 years to change to forward facing seats. Before then is bigger risk to safety.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
every single study ever done on kids says one thing or another. just like with peanuts..don't let kids eat them until after 2..now they are saying introduce your kids to peanuts asap... always back and forth. point is, when it's time to go front facing supported by their weight according to laws and safety guidelines, it's ok. studies are just studies. everyone has a different opinion.

in the meantime I'll keep loving having my two boys in the back every day.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Well the other reason besides more space is im also trying to save some money, right now I'm getting 15mpg on my gt lol I'm probably thinking of getting a base wrx I think they go for 27k and close to 30mpg so that should help a bit.
You were won't even get close to 30mpg on one of those especially if you are getting 15 in your GT. Same driving my 2016 GT gets 3mpg less than my 2015 Focus ST on the same driving and my focus is fwd. Awd turbo 4s get terrible mileage for their engine size due loads of driveline drag and generally overly aggressive gearing.

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
You were won't even get close to 30mpg on one of those especially if you are getting 15 in your GT. Same driving my 2016 GT gets 3mpg less than my 2015 Focus ST on the same driving and my focus is fwd. Awd turbo 4s get terrible mileage for their engine size due loads of driveline drag and generally overly aggressive gearing.
Yep, my 2012 WRX got about 22mpg average

Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I'm sure its been mentioned somewhere in here but I'm too lazy to check. Subaru's are a royal pain to work on for starters. Idk about these new 2.0L but the older ones were notorious for head gasket/ringland issues. Then there's the AWD that saps power as well as MPG's. I know my buddy has a 2015 STi and gets the same MPG's as my 5.0 lol. Granted that could be from the super short gearing and less than efficient engine. The car also doesn't impress me as far as interior quality goes either. To make things worse for them, the new WRX's now have equal length headers so that great boxer rumble is gone. Honestly, for the same price or less, I'd buy the new civic si when it launches in the near future. The EX with the 1.5 L turbo is already quicker than last years si, so there's no reason to assume the new Si wont be significantly quicker. My last car was an Si sedan, it was probably one of the best cars I've owned. May not be the fastest but it was a lot of fun and great on gas.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Not being overly protective it is being protective. Every single safety study shows average age is 2-3 years to change to forward facing seats. Before then is bigger risk to safety.
The weight/height of the child are more pertinent than just the age. That said, my son was in a rear facing seat until like 3.5. You're right, the passenger seat did need to be very far up, but my wife could still fit. We also have another car, as I believe the OP does as well.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yeah that is true but average age for that is usually between 2 and 3.

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The weight/height of the child are more pertinent than just the age. That said, my son was in a rear facing seat until like 3.5. You're right, the passenger seat did need to be very far up, but my wife could still fit. We also have another car, as I believe the OP does as well.
Good lord 3.5?! Must have been tiny! Mine was in a forward facing shortly after 2nd B-day.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Good lord 3.5?! Must have been tiny! Mine was in a forward facing shortly after 2nd B-day.
Heh, yeah, thinking about it, that's not quite right as he's always been a little big for his age. We had one of those convertible seats, where once they're big enough, you just turn it around, change the position, and presto; forward facing seat. Same seat, but he wasn't rear facing the whole time.

He's in a booster now, which leaves a lot more legroom in front.
Sponsored