Sponsored

Things Are a Freaking Mess (Millennial Viewpoint) [LOCKED DUE TO POLITICS & INSULTING BEHAVIOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Aside from the bike path story, I would advise the OP that this present economic situation here in the states will likely get much worse in the months ahead.
The fall of petro dollar, loss of the world reserve currency (possible), high inflation, political unrest, supply shortages, as well as bubbles - both real estate and the market. I'm telling ya, things are not rosy in the USA. Remember 2007 Lehman Bros? Anyone see the movie the Inside Job? The government will never tell you when things are about to go south.

I know people think things will just correct themselves post covid, and we'll get back to "normal" any time now, but they've always lived in a debt based world where credit was easy and everyone lived outside their means. Just see what happens as that all changes.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've put off all nonessential purchases, unplugged the TV years ago, bought physical metals, limited my exposure on wall street and maintain only social media that gives me joy(hey, I'm here right?).

I think as rates rise, consumer demand for both homes and cars will fall off ... how much and how long it will take is anyone's guess.

The next 2 years should be very telling.
Hello; I have known a few folks who played out the debt/credit scenario to it's logical conclusion. It was not a good outcome for the individuals. You can run up credit card and other debt while paying the minimum payments but the whole thing eventually comes to an end. At some point they got to not being able to make the minimum payments.

I also got out of debt some years ago. Not a simple or easy thing to do.

Predicting the timing and nature of how things will play out is not something I have confidence in doing. Back before the housing crash around 2008 it was the "liar loans" that got my attention. Today it is the massive government spending of the last couple of years. Something like six trillion by reports I hear. That spending alone is part of the inflation and such a slug of money will take a while to change hands and be dissipated.
This is a pure guess so far on my part but I figure a lot of that money was down payments and such which will translate into even greater debt loads. By that i am figuring the extra money made it seem possible to buy a lot of things on credit and when the extra money runs low the payments are not going to be met in the future.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Idk. I don’t feel an impact at all. Nothings changed really. I think economy is fine if we quit giving out all the welfare benefits imo. Too much has been given out. Make jobs a requirement for half of the benefits and get rid of the idea that children tax credits are a right and not a job requirement to get it

Been following the movements and free college stuff. Nothings free. Shouldn’t be now or in past

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Idk. I don’t feel an impact at all. Nothings changed really. I think economy is fine if we quit giving out all the welfare benefits imo. Too much has been given out. Make jobs a requirement for half of the benefits and get rid of the idea that children tax credits are a right and not a job requirement to get it

Been following the movements and free college stuff. Nothings free. Shouldn’t be now or in past
Hello; Good for you. All the folks I know have noticed the prices when they buy food, gas and most anything else. I have not yet bought a vehicle in the current market but understand prices are up by thousands of dollars.
Saw a news report about the many BILLIONS of dollars of covid money lost to fraud. 80 some BILLION I think.
That last near two trillion of federal spending most recently pushed thru under the guise of covid money wound up having a lot of pork for things such as museums/orchestras as well as what might be considered social welfare spending. Point being having nothing to do with covid.

I can afford to eat and buy gas so in a sense things are as before if having less money does not count.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I read even jailed people wa
Hello; Good for you. All the folks I know have noticed the prices when they buy food, gas and most anything else. I have not yet bought a vehicle in the current market but understand prices are up by thousands of dollars.
Saw a news report about the many BILLIONS of dollars of covid money lost to fraud. 80 some BILLION I think.
That last near two trillion of federal spending most recently pushed thru under the guise of covid money wound up having a lot of pork for things such as museums/orchestras as well as what might be considered social welfare spending. Point being having nothing to do with covid.

I can afford to eat and buy gas so in a sense things are as before if having less money does not count.
I think a big thing is im using less gas, and less food, and not eating out anymore. so yeah guess servers etc are going to suffer, but I think covid is actually improving my financial standpoint as I pretty much cut out extra stuff that I used to splurge on.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

I'm not feeling the impact either, but at the same time I know it's there. As much as I agree with you, such a thing would never happen. We've created a society that almost idolizes not doing anything. The permanent welfare class is here to stay, because if you try to get rid of it, they just riot in the streets, lol. It's like this weird show down, with the working class trying to ignore the do nothing class.

Personally I don't understand the point of living a life as a mooch where you have no goals and don't even try to accomplish anything...

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've been lucky, I got a higher paying job during COVID and the working from home is saving me a fortune in petrol and allowing me to spent more time and money on the car. However I am mindful that literally everything is going up from food, petrol, rent and services such as phone, internet and tv. The silver lining in all this is Russia and China are both even worse off than we are.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I'm not feeling the impact either, but at the same time I know it's there. As much as I agree with you, such a thing would never happen. We've created a society that almost idolizes not doing anything. The permanent welfare class is here to stay, because if you try to get rid of it, they just riot in the streets, lol. It's like this weird show down, with the working class trying to ignore the do nothing class.

Personally I don't understand the point of living a life as a mooch where you have no goals and don't even try to accomplish anything...
Hello; Adds a different ending to the grasshopper and the ant sagas. The grasshopper is a lay about during the nice summer weather with food literally growing around them. The ant works hard and not only builds a home for the winter but lays in supplies. Now the grasshoppers want the ants to be forced to give up some of the fruits of their labor and keep both ants and the grasshoppers going during hard times (winter in the stories).
As to why a person is staisfied to be on the dole and live off of others, I can not specifically answer. I do have experience with families for which being on the dole has become a way of life. I saw a lot of it during my teaching time in the low mountains of southeast KY.
Do not jump to wrong conclusions. There are some folks who are on checks who need and deserve the help. It is the larger and larger healthy population of grasshoppers I did find fault with.
I had a number of students who made no effort at their studies and missed school often. Their absence was a good thing for the ant sort of students as disruptions were less when they were absent. They would start showing up for school every day and since they still did no school work spent the day causing problems. I would talk to them and find a judge had threatened to cut off their check ( Yes Virginia kids get checks too.) if the did not go to school. Too bad the judge did not require a passing grade or some level of getting an education in the mix.

Last point. I do know that some folks wind up with jobs which do not pay well and even if they work regular come up short for food and such. A person with such a job may need food stamps to feed a family. It is not always cut and dried, but often confused.

I was raised and nearly an adult before the 1965 great society stuff was passed into law so had a very different idea about working for a living. I had wives and figured it was my task to keep them fed. I was then and all along bothered by the welfare scams I have witnessed over the decades. Some need and deserve help. Many are just taking advantage.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Think its bad now? Wait until "Programmable digital currency", becomes a reality. Governments around the world are pushing hard for this new monetary system.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline

...saw a quote the other day where Ivanka thinks the average salary of
working people in the US is $800,000 dollars.

And we wonder why we have a 'do nothing' society...............................:sunglasses:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

just check out anti work reddit. its literally everyone trying to screw their employers and finding ways to get fired and get paid. literally half of the post are just people trying to find ways to scam their employers and be paid and get unemployment.
https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/

oh and this was one of the moderators for that section, upstanding individual, so many goals.
trying to find link too interview-- too funny I think this is it

Sponsored

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
This post is not directed at anyone here, and is only my experience/opinion of the past 3 years.

I own a business that employs 100 people. I’ve increased my pricing because I can’t find employees, as simple as that. I had to raise nearly every salary 10-20% to keep my current employees. I pass that onto the consumer. The government needs to stop with the free handouts/unemployment. Jobs are everywhere, unemployment should be zero.
I’m heavily involved in daily operations and have been for 22 years. I’ve seen anything and everything. There are good people, and there are shit-birds. There have been a lot more shit-bird types ever since our cities started burning.
The good people make a lot more $$ than shit-birds.

@FreePenguin s post about Reddit and all these lazy shit-birds trying to screw everyone over is what this country has become for 51% (but really more like 40%) of the people. They simply don’t want to work, and expect to be rewarded the same as the hard working person, and they look upon a hard working person like it’s a negative. It’s an absolute bullshit clownworld. This Country was founded on freedom and working to achieve the American dream. Some parents don’t teach their children this. Shouldn’t be my problem, but it is.
For years I’ve been grooming my 14yr old and 9yr old on how to work hard and constantly talk about what type of business they’re going to own.
I pulled them out of public school and put them in private school so the system would stop teaching them that a God loving, hard working, successful family isn’t some evil racist negative.

I’ve seen many hard working individuals use Covid as an excellent tool to better themselves. Many of which I surround myself with as smart friends, and many employees I’ve promoted because they decided to shine when others chose not to.

Laziness is the biggest factor in all of my employees that have decided to not better themselves. I have refused to be lazy. Covid hit, most people sat at home and gained weight. I lost 40 lbs.
I decided with the extra time I had, I’d start CrossFit - 1hr a day 6 days a week. At the start of covid my fastest mile was 8:00,
2 years later on my 40th bday I did a 5:50. Start couldn’t do 1 pull-up, now, I can do 100 well under 10 minutes. Ran a minimum of 10 miles a week. F laziness, it will literally kill you.

This life is what YOU make of it. For those that blame others, you are the only person responsible for the outcome of your life. If you don’t like it, you have full control to change it. Don’t make excuses, just get it done. Life has never been easy, and it most likely won’t get any easier.
My wife was laid off a year back. She got incredibly tired of applying day after day for position after position, and getting rejected. I pushed her to not give up. She found a position that would pay her 30% more than she was making, and gave her the exact schedule she wanted, and even 6 weeks paid off a year vs the 4 she had prior.
She doesn’t need to work because we are financially set, but she actually wants to so she feels like she’s accomplishing something every day (our kids are in school every day so no need for her to stay at home).

Watch some David Goggins videos. That’s what did it for me, and I turned them onto my business partner - that went from 5’8” and 330 lbs down to 180 lbs in 1 covid year. He’s now incredibly active with his young family and beyond successful for his age (early 30’s). He refuses to be lazy.

To anyone not happy, change your situation.

Last edited:

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
This life is what YOU make of it. For those that blame others, you are the only person responsible for the outcome of your life. If you don’t like it, you have full control to change it. Don’t make excuses, just get it done.
Secret’s out now, folks. What are you gonna do about it?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Secret’s out now, folks. What are you gonna do about it?
"He told them the truth, and they hated him for it"

90% of people when you tell them that they're responsible for their life situation and not racism/inequality/victim flavor of the month are going to get mad at you.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
We are where we are because of the decisions we make.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
In 2019 we replaced 800 people with Mexico for 18% cost reduction, better quality and near effortless management of the people who love their jobs plus amazing vendors.

Our sole motivation was to eliminate the elevated sense of worker entitlements and arrogant vendors.
I am not surprised one little bit.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.