Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have a new favorite day at Mustang Week and this is it! Motorsports Day at Darlington Dragway was a blast as we brought both our new 2024 Mustang GT and our fully track-built EcoBoost S550. It's one thing to show people on video how these cars drive, but what better way than putting people in the passenger seat. We were able to give tons of people rides all day, so here are a few of the best reactions. Of course, we're also at a drag strip so we had to put the S650 down the 1/4 mile for a bit more fun.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was super impressed with the Ecoboost car. It really showed the advantage of less weight over the front end!

Sponsored

Shelbeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAJ
Vehicle(s)
GT500, MME-GT, BMW X-1
Was that the last Mustang Week? I heard all year the organizers quit, and a new guy would do it, but be the last one. I heard nothing in July when I reached out. Then boom! It happened.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The ecoboost is always going to be a better performer when you setup a course in a basketball gym and it's highly technical and top speeds never get to triple digits. Hell, if I were in it for money, I'd pick something even less powerful (but even lighter). There's a difference between nimble/sporty and fast on long formats involving high(er) speeds.

If you gave me a choice between an HPP and a GT500 at the local mall with cones setup, it's an easy choice. If you gave me the same choice before a short lap at the nurbergring, it's also an easy choice, just in the opposite direction.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
How much lighter is the eco on the front axle? I weighed my GT and it is 400 pounds heavier front than back

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
How much lighter is the eco on the front axle? I weighed my GT and it is 400 pounds heavier front than back
~150#, which is a big deal for overall weight, but it's even bigger when it changes weight distribution as much as this does.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
So the eco boost laid waste to the coyote car?
It's not that big of a deal in an autocross to do. The extra power isn't meaningless, but it's tough to beat better handling in a parking lot.

Fury_Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2018
The ecoboost is always going to be a better performer when you setup a course in a basketball gym and it's highly technical and top speeds never get to triple digits. Hell, if I were in it for money, I'd pick something even less powerful (but even lighter). There's a difference between nimble/sporty and fast on long formats involving high(er) speeds.

If you gave me a choice between an HPP and a GT500 at the local mall with cones setup, it's an easy choice. If you gave me the same choice before a short lap at the nurbergring, it's also an easy choice, just in the opposite direction.
Absolutely, it's quite ironic. I've noticed that many members near my motorsport track choose the Ecoboost for their short track motorsport sessions days while the less experienced drivers tend to go for the GT without realizing the Cons/Pros but that is the world we live in I guess

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Having had many a nose heavy car , and frankly the s550 v8 car isn't that nose heavy. Now a 427 vette or a 440 mopar is nose heavy a 454 El camino is nose heavy a 390 mustang is nose heavy.
But I like to turn fast, and balance is key. Short of a mid engine v8 car.
I want a car that rotate in a turn, not snap oversteer and the factory Gt mustang is a little understeer then snap oversteer At anything over 50% throttle.
Great engine in a craptastic set up from the factory chassis.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Was that the last Mustang Week? I heard all year the organizers quit, and a new guy would do it, but be the last one. I heard nothing in July when I reached out. Then boom! It happened.
No, that was 2023. Sorry for the late reply. Hopefully they keep it going. I’ve been going since I was a little twerp and would love to take my son when he’s old enough.
Sponsored