Sponsored

Thermostat housing leak

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Hey guys. I have a 2015 GT mustang with a whipple on it. I installed the whipple and haven't had any issues until recently I developed a coolant leak. I isolated the leak and it is coming from the bottom side where the thermostat housing mounts to the water pump. I never removed the thermostat housing during the whipple install so I find it weird that it would be leaking with only 12k miles. Does anyone know what might have caused the leak? Is there an o-ring or gasket between the housing and the water pump I need to replace? Thanks for your help
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Yes, there is an o-ring on the thermostat housing flanges. The o-ring must have gave out, or there was some contamination on it during assembly and it finally started to leak.
Capture-2.JPG

OP
OP

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I appreciate the response. That section highlighted is not the part that is the problem, it is where the whole housing bolts onto the water pump that is leaking.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I appreciate the response. That section highlighted is not the part that is the problem, it is where the whole housing bolts onto the water pump that is leaking.
Housing also uses an o-ring.
5.0L Thermostat Housing.JPG
Sponsored