Sponsored

The Sound of Power

alexx205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
This is to all of you running some kind of forced induction - be it centri, PD or Turbo.

I would like to hear your experience and thoughts about the sound that your FI-System produces.
What Sound?
Loud or just barely noticeble?
How could it be pronounced or dampend?
Please share your experience and thoughts :)

Some like the whine of a supercharger or the whistle of a blow of valve, some like to have a complete sleeper with no revealing sound.
With this discussion we hopefully can help people make more educated desicions - be it a purchase of a system or some actions to enhance or lower the sound of their installed system. :cheers:
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
My ProCharger D1SC has this scratchy whistle just off idle. At idle I make the comparison to a particularly loud refrigerator. The whistle as it just passes 1k RPM is sooo good. I'm a huge fan off hearing the supercharger work.

Under part throttle the whistle finally gives way to the exhaust and the open BOV as the RPMs climb over 2.5k. Under heavier throttle the car passes into boost, the BOV closes and all you hear is motor and exhaust. When coming off the throttle the Race Valve pops open and there's this butterfly whoosh that happens with a little squeak as the seal breaks. Letting the car coast down the RPMs leads to a large amount of air leaving the BOV giving the car a street sweeper sound until the RPMs come down far enough - I generally either clutch in or upshift to quiet it down. My car sounds so cool.

I'm not sneaking up on anyone - I'm clearly heavily modded.

RoushCharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Ruby & Loaded
The Roush TVS S/C whine is barely noticeable with the sounds the Roush exhaust makes until it gets above 4K (going to WOT) where it blends nicely with the other screaming noises. :)

OP
OP

alexx205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Thanks guys! That is what I want to hear :thumbsup:
Keep it coming!

JonS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My Vortech with the upgraded race blow off valve is very loud when driving. on idle its pretty tame but as soon as it starts to blow off (which is almost all the time, when your not in boost) its insane. its awesome haha. sounds like a jet.

Couldn't upload a video so heres a link to it. This was the first drive in my car after the install.
https://video-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=f5869d1f22cec0ac649f989dfc334749&oe=55F97973

Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
My girls whipple 2.9 is not even remotely audible under WOT. Of course she's running the stock pulley, and has SW 1 7/8" headers to a 3" collector/catback, and its obnoxiously loud. You can only hear it at idle, a slight whistle. It could become louder if we pullied it down, but I'm not wanting to swap out her OPG at this time....:D

jared89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp
My ProCharger D1SC has this scratchy whistle just off idle. At idle I make the comparison to a particularly loud refrigerator. The whistle as it just passes 1k RPM is sooo good. I'm a huge fan off hearing the supercharger work.

Under part throttle the whistle finally gives way to the exhaust and the open BOV as the RPMs climb over 2.5k. Under heavier throttle the car passes into boost, the BOV closes and all you hear is motor and exhaust. When coming off the throttle the Race Valve pops open and there's this butterfly whoosh that happens with a little squeak as the seal breaks. Letting the car coast down the RPMs leads to a large amount of air leaving the BOV giving the car a street sweeper sound until the RPMs come down far enough - I generally either clutch in or upshift to quiet it down. My car sounds so cool.

I'm not sneaking up on anyone - I'm clearly heavily modded.
Pretty much spot on, from my experience.
mine, mot really a good video but you get the point
[ame]
Sponsored