Sponsored

The one thing i truly HATE about the new S550 is the Bumpsteer and Twitchy Steering

yellowstangatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Fury GT
Yea I don't understand the love of just doing springs. You do all the work of swapping the suspension out while getting generally inferior performance. I would like to see more info on the Ford racing suspension kit but the price seems to be into most coil over territory
I don't believe there are any aftermarket shocks and struts available yet.
Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I know it's kinda crazy the only thing available is springs

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
I bought a set of pro kit springs this week and I will be swapping the sport lines out its just too low and no way to correct geometry. I was going to have the new springs installed this week but BMR and Steeda both have back order on toe links and vertical links and I want to do everything at one shot. I hope in a few weeks I can do the swap over.

2015MagneticGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Comp Orange
Cant wait for Swift to make some springs for mustangs. Those are the only springs u can run for thousands of miles on stock shocks

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Cant wait for Swift to make some springs for mustangs. Those are the only springs u can run for thousands of miles on stock shocks
Huh?

BMR and their performance spring you will be able to. Steeda you can as well since their drop is only 1" even though they have a bit higher spring rate.

Sponsored

benni302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP GT
I have never had an issue with running aftermarket springs with a max drop of 1" with factory shocks/struts.....would it be beneficial to upgrade the shocks/struts at the same time? Sure. Is it necessary? No

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Lowering, spring rate, likelihood of bump stop contact and harshness when it does, and ride quality are all inter-related. It may not be possible to satisfy them all at once. Certainly not for every driver and passenger.

Norm

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
i think exceeding 1 inch on this car is messing things up, actually most cars going over 1 inch does. I had a CTSV and had some D3 springs, they were the only one making springs and it slammed my car, and it handled horrible and blew my expensive Mag ride shocks out in 2 months time., i mean if i had a cruiser show car that's one thing but driving the car daily around here over 100 miles a day you start to really realize how the cars reaction to bumps etc is very different from stock by the skewed geometry change. I think by next weekend i should have my springs swapped and a new alignment done i hope it makes a noticeable change. I think the Pro Kit guys and Steeda spring owners far exceed Eibach Sportline buyers by a long shot i think from reading what guys on the boards are doing. if anyone here wants my Sportline springs PM me they are for sale

2015MagneticGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Comp Orange
I appologize i didnt mean only ones out there. I meant from my past experiences with swifts compared to other springs ive owned, are one of the top springs out there. Sorry for any confusion! And yes I have spoken with swift and they will be released when their r&d is complete! I will post a review as soon as i get em!

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
guys i had my springs switched out today from Sportline to Pro Kit. it has helped substantially around where i drive daily. the car feels much smoother and rides much better and the steering wheel doesn't bounce around nearly as bad. I almost think it feels too compliant now but i think this car really needs a good aftermarket sport shock to really dial the feeling in.

as for looks i honestly think it still looks awesome since my tires are wide now my car looks normal. prior it looked like i cut the springs or had blown out shocks. my car raised 3/4 up front and 5/8 out back. this def has an affect on the geometry. my car just settled and slammed way to low on the Sportlines. With the sportlines both front and rear tires were buried under the wheel arch. i could not even stick a penny that's how low it settled.

I have not had the alignment done yet as im waiting for the adj toe arms and upper rear links in a few days.

I am going to make a new comparison thread in a few days so other members really can get subjective feedback from someone who has done both springs so far. i think exceeding the 1 inch drop mark without new shocks is just degrading this cars performance more than anything.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
guys i had my springs switched out today from Sportline to Pro Kit. it has helped substantially around where i drive daily. the car feels much smoother and rides much better and the steering wheel doesn't bounce around nearly as bad. I almost think it feels too compliant now but i think this car really needs a good aftermarket sport shock to really dial the feeling in.

as for looks i honestly think it still looks awesome since my tires are wide now my car looks normal. prior it looked like i cut the springs or had blown out shocks. my car raised 3/4 up front and 5/8 out back. this def has an affect on the geometry. my car just settled and slammed way to low on the Sportlines. With the sportlines both front and rear tires were buried under the wheel arch. i could not even stick a penny that's how low it settled.

I have not had the alignment done yet as im waiting for the adj toe arms and upper rear links in a few days.

I am going to make a new comparison thread in a few days so other members really can get subjective feedback from someone who has done both springs so far. i think exceeding the 1 inch drop mark without new shocks is just degrading this cars performance more than anything.
Great to hear things are much better.

I share this same sentiment and was confirmed by a vendor or 2 on this site as well in conversations I have had in the past month.

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Just a suggestion...

... make certain your alignment guy is GOOD with IRS. Rear cross member square to the car first and centered... then IRS aligned. Front cross member square to the car and centered. The front end is then aligned off the rear. A full, proper alignment can make a world of difference (and take a LONG time).

Quick Check if it's been properly aligned: Park on a flat surface. Piece of string with a hex nut tied to one end. Hold the string against the wheel lip at the wheel center line and measure the distance from the string to the crown of the tire. Check measurement against opposite side. Repeat for the other axle. The results may surprise you.

Wow... this thread turned into a real p!ssing contest a while back!

That is all...

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Post some images of before and after. It will be great to see your car.
Sponsored