Sponsored

The OEM+ Daily Driver in Orange Fury

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Installed that shifter yet? I put mine in a couple of years ago. Just recently, I installed Steeda's Transmission Mount Bushing Insert. Wish I'd done that a while ago! It made my shifts much more consistent. Previously, I always wondered with each shift what it would feel like... The fact that it was such a cheap, easy to install upgrade makes me 🤦‍♂️
Sponsored

OP
OP

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
Installed that shifter yet? I put mine in a couple of years ago. Just recently, I installed Steeda's Transmission Mount Bushing Insert. Wish I'd done that a while ago! It made my shifts much more consistent. Previously, I always wondered with each shift what it would feel like... The fact that it was such a cheap, easy to install upgrade makes me 🤦‍♂️
I'm pretty sure that is next on the list, that or the subframe alignment kit from Steeda. I'll have to check out that transmission mount insert. Sounds interesting and I was unaware they made such a thing, must have missed it.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm pretty sure that is next on the list, that or the subframe alignment kit from Steeda. I'll have to check out that transmission mount insert. Sounds interesting and I was unaware they made such a thing, must have missed it.
Yeah, I missed it until I saw someone else mention it. 👍🏼

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Time for the top side cowl and strut tower braces. I was able to source used parts for the cowl mounting plate and cowl brace which is great.

I ordered new nylon nuts for the strut tower (W712334-S440) and the three bolts for the cowl mounting plate (W717964-S450B).

I decided to remove the battery tray and cowl trim so that everything could receive a moderate detailing. It is only one bolt to remove the battery, three bolts to remove the battery box, and then lift the cowl trim straight up to the ceiling and out as it attached via a tongue and groove.

IMG_4736.JPG

Cowl mounting plate.
IMG_4745.JPG

The cowl trim soaking in 303 Protectant to bring everything back to jet black and provide UV protection.

IMG_4741.JPG

Nice and new jet black trim.

IMG_4747.JPG

All zipped back up and ready for back country roads.

IMG_4746.JPG
Do you still have the wipers off ?

If you do, I would really appreciate some good quality images of the spline on the spindle and also the inner bore of the wiper arm … :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:

OP
OP

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you still have the wipers off ?

If you do, I would really appreciate some good quality images of the spline on the spindle and also the inner bore of the wiper arm … :like:

Cheers,

I installed right after snapping the pic. If you still have need I can pop one of the wipers arms off tomorrow.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I installed right after snapping the pic. If you still have need I can pop one of the wipers arms off tomorrow.
No, defo don’t do that for me - but thanks for getting back to me :like:

OP
OP

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A small job with a nice net result. We all know this one and it was the Steeda Clutch Spring. I was going back and forth when ordering with respect to buying the perch, glad I decided to buy it, broke the top piece on removal. I'm impressed, nice inexpensive upgrade.

Other suspension parts arrived, and this Steeda front adjustable bar is no joke. Adjustable front and rear end links, clutch line, and transmission bushing insert.

IMG_4757.JPG

OP
OP

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another small update until I get all the suspension bits I need for some larger updates. Oh yeah, ordered some rocker stripes from big worm graphix. Sent me samples and made my choices.

Installed the Drake rear bottom diffuser lip. Looks good, super easy install. Not much else to say.

IMG_4761.JPG

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Enjoying following your build. What did you end to going with on it Big Worms? Custom?

They custom made a set for my GT500 by reducing the thickness of the rocker stripes they offer to match the white Heritage dimensions and change the GT350 they offer to GT500. Good quality product and service.

OP
OP

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enjoying following your build. What did you end to going with on it Big Worms? Custom?

They custom made a set for my GT500 by reducing the thickness of the rocker stripes they offer to match the white Heritage dimensions and change the GT350 they offer to GT500. Good quality product and service.
Nice choice on the stripes as I didn't even think about changing dimensions. I purchased the standard dual line rockers with no lettering in anthracite (to match my wheels) and bought the black pin stripes to go along the top and bottom. This is cheap enough that if I put them on and I don't like the look I'll order another set in different colors (and maybe dimensions, now that you mention it).

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Looking forward to seeing what yours ends up looking like.

For reference: Their standard offering vs the reduced size.
20221218_113547.jpg

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Glad I read through this thread. Putting this on the list!

OP
OP

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing big today but it is what I had time for. Minor aesthetic upgrades. I had been browsing the various web sites looking for hood grilles plus parking lamp curtains that I liked but couldn't find what wanted. @MAGS1 turned me on to these, and me like, plus the gloss black matches my gloss black Mach 1 spoiler. Things should slow down for me in a few weeks and I can get the rest of suspension bits installed. Bilstein shocks, Steeda minimum drop springs, Steeda sways, Steeda end links, plus my Steeda short shifter. Time is something hard to come by right now, but not complaining. Work is good.

Part numbers: VJR3Z-16C630-D and VJR3Z-17E810-B

IMG_4888.JPG

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Nothing big today but it is what I had time for. Minor aesthetic upgrades. I had been browsing the various web sites looking for hood grilles plus parking lamp curtains that I liked but couldn't find what wanted. @MAGS1 turned me on to these, and me like, plus the gloss black matches my gloss black Mach 1 spoiler. Things should slow down for me in a few weeks and I can get the rest of suspension bits installed. Bilstein shocks, Steeda minimum drop springs, Steeda sways, Steeda end links, plus my Steeda short shifter. Time is something hard to come by right now, but not complaining. Work is good.

Part numbers: VJR3Z-16C630-D and VJR3Z-17E810-B

IMG_4888.JPG
Looks great on OF!
Sponsored