The new yellow color

Agcoin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang GT & 2011 convt. GT
My wife had a yellow 2005 GT Convt. She went to buy a new 2011 and found that they changed the color which was very bothersome to her. She settled for Grabber Blue, she likes to be different. Pictures are always difficult to see what a color really looks like in person. Can somebody who has seen the new yellow tell us if the new color is close to the 2005 yellow, is it better or worse than 2005?
Thanks for your help.
Sponsored

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
My wife had a yellow 2005 GT Convt. She went to buy a new 2011 and found that they changed the color which was very bothersome to her. She settled for Grabber Blue, she likes to be different. Pictures are always difficult to see what a color really looks like in person. Can somebody who has seen the new yellow tell us if the new color is close to the 2005 yellow, is it better or worse than 2005?
Thanks for your help.
No one here can answer that for you. Your wifes opinion will be different from others so she will have to go look for herself.

I think the yellow on the 2015 looks good though.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm not big on yellow cars in general, but have to say that the 2015 yellow is one of the better ones they've offered.

40calcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ty gtpp, 04 cobra
I ordered a guard gt and when I seen a triple yellow at a local dealer I was sold! Btw I am not a yellow car fan but its a great color on this body

rdycoss1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium PP
I ordered a guard gt and when I seen a triple yellow at a local dealer I was sold! Btw I am not a yellow car fan but its a great color on this body
The same happened with me, too. I ordered a black GT PP, but then I saw the triple yellow at the dealer...

Sponsored

Kbreese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black/Saddle.
Totally agree. I've never owned a yellow car before, but when I eventually get a 2015, I am strongly leaning toward yellow now. My original choice was DIB as it just looks so gorgeous in the sun, but yellow suits this car so nicely.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Thanks for your help.
The 2011 "yellow" you refer to was a tri-stage, almost gold, not yellow. The new yellow is a pearl as well but bright like 'screaming yellow' as 2005 vintage.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
The 2011 "yellow" you refer to was a tri-stage, almost gold, not yellow. The new yellow is a pearl as well but bright like 'screaming yellow' as 2005 vintage.
Triple Yellow is NOT a Pearl. It is a Solid Yellow. I was leaning toward it, but after seeing a few S-550's in person have decided it's just not a color I could live with. If it were a Pearl, it would definitely be the color I would get. I'll be going with Ingot Silver with Redline now.

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Before making a decision you and her should drive tot he nearest Ford dealership that has a yellow car in stock and check it out first hand, hopefully next to some other color you are also considering.
That is what I did to make up my mind.

Sponsored

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
To me, it depends on the interior color. I don't care for black interior with a yellow exterior. Yellow outside needs a light color inside, like tan or parchment.

I generally bemoan the prevalence of black interiors and the limited choice of interior color options. It used to be you could get blue, green, parchment, what have you.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Triple Yellow is NOT a Pearl. It is a Solid Yellow. I was leaning toward it, but after seeing a few S-550's in person have decided it's just not a color I could live with. If it were a Pearl, it would definitely be the color I would get. I'll be going with Ingot Silver with Redline now.
My bad. Shouldn't have said pearl.

OP
OP

Agcoin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2011 mustang GT & 2011 convt. GT
well, thanks for all your comments, we ordered it today mainly because the dealer said if we did not want it he would put it in inventory.

jdhbigdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang eco-boost
took my TY out Saturday afternoon and parked a couple of stalls down from a 05 or 06 yellow stang.. I have to say that they were very close to the same color.. IMO the 05 yellow was more golden in hue... Everyone who has seen my car says that the TY looks great on this body style and I couldn't agree more.. My wife picked this color out and she has had red cars her whole life.. Blew my mind.