Sponsored

The big Intercooler thread.

chriseco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 silver 6spd base ecoboost
what type of gains are stage 1 cars ( intake tune ect.) getting avg from IC has any one seen any major 1/4 improvements ?
Sponsored

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
I've been pushing my 1st generation Levels pretty hard lately, and it's holding its own pretty well. I have one of the 1st units Nic built for the EBM, and highest charge temp I've seen recently is 117*.....after 4 back to back passes, with only the drive up the return road to cool it down. Ambient temp outside was 68* at the time. He upgraded the core size on his street IC, and it should shrug off pretty much any heat load you throw at it. His race IC is just effing epic sized...lol. Nic is also a small operation, a vet to boot, and his welds are art....plus he's good people too.

Last edited:

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I have the 1st unit Nik produced for production. [emoji14]

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Yeah, yeah....I remember when you convinced me to go with Nic's IC, and glad you did. Now I need to upgrade to the G2 street core and see what it can handle.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I saw that. I need to upgrade too!

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I've been pushing my 1st generation Levels pretty hard lately, and it's holding its own pretty well. I have one of the 1st units Nic built for the EBM, and highest charge temp I've seen recently is 117*.....after 4 back to back passes, with only the drive up the return road to cool it down. Ambient temp outside was 68* at the time. He upgraded the core size on his street IC, and it should shrug off pretty much any heat load you throw at it. His race IC is just effing epic sized...lol. Nic is also a small operation, a vet to boot, and his welds are art....plus he's good people too.
Are the first generation ones for sale? I will be in the market in about a month and I had chosen to go with the Level's IC. or is the new one about to be released?

Sponsored

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
I'm also curious about the new Levels IC. I decided to go with Levels a while ago, but haven't actually purchased it yet, and can't find much info on the second generation one you guys are talking about. If I order from the Levels site right now will I get the first or second generation unit?

Bradford1998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I decided to purchase the MAP intercooler because they were having a 10% off sale and so I got if for 499$ shipped. Is there really that big of a difference in performance between this and the levels intercooler?

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Not trying to say the levels intercooler isn't good or anything but I'd much rather buy a 400$ intercooler that's bigger than stock and bolt up a meth kit. In my opinion the levels intercooler is a little overkill for our stock setup.

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
If you are stock, stick with MAP or Mishi. Ever see a road course you will love the Levels. Levels is perfect for track events, drag runs and daily driving.

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Installed the Levels racing FMIC and it is huge! I can't get the pics from my phone to here but I posted pics on the EBM forums on FB.

Couplers I have don't reach so I am waiting on them to arrive from Nik,
Sponsored