Sponsored

The big Intercooler thread.

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
What's this thing you have to do with the shutters using Levels IC?
If you are focusing on stock location MAP or Mishimoto, both are great. The grill shutters were not an interest to me as they were designed to maximize highway mpgs. If you are modding your car, MPG's are the last thing you think of. Levels is great, huge core size, great design, value, etc. Its perfect. The Levels, you have to remove the front bumper, which is not that hard, and remove them or trim them. I just removed them so I have maximum airflow to my I/C. No issues and my car is happy. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

espennor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Espen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
If you are focusing on stock location MAP or Mishimoto, both are great. The grill shutters were not an interest to me as they were designed to maximize highway mpgs. If you are modding your car, MPG's are the last thing you think of. Levels is great, huge core size, great design, value, etc. Its perfect. The Levels, you have to remove the front bumper, which is not that hard, and remove them or trim them. I just removed them so I have maximum airflow to my I/C. No issues and my car is happy. :thumbsup:
Thanks for explaining that. I'm looking to keep the shutteres, since i drive the car in cold vinter weather here in Norway, helps to varm up the engine when its cold (shutteres closed).

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Thanks for explaining that. I'm looking to keep the shutteres, since i drive the car in cold vinter weather here in Norway, helps to varm up the engine when its cold (shutteres closed).

The thermostat controls engine temp until it's nice and warm. I wouldn't worry about having no grill shutters as it relates to cold start up warming:thumbsup:

teej281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP Auto
Just saw levels I think is coming out with an even bigger ecoboost intercooler as well.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Just saw levels I think is coming out with an even bigger ecoboost intercooler as well.
Nik most certainly is. It's a giant and looks awesome! I shared his post on the Anything EcoBoost Mustang Facebook page. I'll try to find it and throw a few up in this post.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Sponsored

espennor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Espen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Levels IC and shutters

The thermostat controls engine temp until it's nice and warm. I wouldn't worry about having no grill shutters as it relates to cold start up warming:thumbsup:
Still a bit worried about the shutters, can you explain more...
Do they have to be completly removed from the car?
Or can they be filed down in size or something?
I dont know much about this, how many are there?
Do the IC hit the shutters when opening or closing?

Think Levels will perform good and the price is right,
I see the new Cobb is at 850!!!

Ylow281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT/2018 Mustang GT
Finally got in contact with Nick at Levels. Said he had some delays but that mine should be going out in a few days. So hopefully anyone waiting will be getting theirs soon.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Still a bit worried about the shutters, can you explain more...
Do they have to be completly removed from the car?
Or can they be filed down in size or something?
I dont know much about this, how many are there?
Do the IC hit the shutters when opening or closing?

Think Levels will perform good and the price is right,
I see the new Cobb is at 850!!!
Yes, the whole system just unbolts. You have to unclip the activator rod and then they just come off. It's super easy.

The IC contacts the assembly as a whole. The shutters are contained in a large plastic frame the size of the two grille openings.

espennor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Espen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
The new one from Levels requires you to remove the bumper support for the install, not a big deal but just another step.
Have any more info to the new IC from Levels?

Sponsored

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
The new one from Levels requires you to remove the bumper support for the install, not a big deal but just another step.
Did he say how much bigger its going to be? I maybe have 3/4" between the I/C and bumper support. Could still go taller, but I wouldent want it pressed against the bumper support.

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Are the shutters only active with cruise control or all the time?

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT Premium
So I noticed that Cobb finally went to production with stage 2 and stage 3. Stage 2 includes their intercooler with what appears to be a similar size to both MAP and Mishimoto but may have slightly more depth, front to rear (which wouldn't add a whole lot as the intercooler loses efficiency in that direction). The price tag is a whopping $850 and I'm struggling to see the value here but am still intrigued. If I were gonna invest that sort of coin I'd go with ATM but then again wouldn't go that crazy unless I was going to track my car. Right now I'm running with mishimoto and it's pretty effective.

So big question here is why would I spend so much on this new Cobb intercooler?

I'm gonna grab the accessport and turbo back exhaust but probably stick with mishimoto for now.
Sponsored