Tasca set a new world record in his mustang

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I think the only part that this car has in common with a Mustang is the little horse on the grille. He could as well have put a bowtie there and called it a Camaro.

Last edited:
OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I think the only part that this car has in common with a Mustang is the little horse on the grille. He could as well have put a bowtie there and called it a Camaro.
Its not the same engine I have?? :)
I used to tell the Chevy guys who said Ford was "F Old Rebuilt Dodge". Go to a drag strip and see who is winning most of the super stock classes..Then go look at all the fuel cars, hmm why are they running a Dodge Hemi and not a Big Block Chevy??

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
why are they running a Dodge Hemi and not a Big Block Chevy??
They'd all be running Ford Boss Nines if the NHRA hadn't changed the rules to prevent it.

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
They'd all be running Ford Boss Nines if the NHRA hadn't changed the rules to prevent it.
NHRA has always been proGM..They ran everybody else out of Prostock and when I started watching Factory Stock Changed the rules after each race when Ford dominated so most of the Ford teams left.
If Chevy made a " hemi" they would change the rules to force that.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
NHRA has always been proGM..They ran everybody else out of Prostock and when I started watching Factory Stock Changed the rules after each race when Ford dominated so most of the Ford teams left.
If Chevy made a " hemi" they would change the rules to force that.
I agree with your GM comments.

I'm sure after so many years running Keith Black (or whoever makes the Chrysler-based Hemis now, I haven't kept up), KB has a lot of money and influence. Not to mention the racers have a vested interest in continuing to use the same hardware.

I get why they did it, but I just love being able to say that the Ford Boss Nine is superior to the Chrysler Hemi and NHRA had to make it against the rules to run a Boss Nine.

I feel the same way about the 351 Cleveland and NASCAR, although the engines stopped looking like Clevelands a number of years ago.

OP
OP

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I agree with your GM comments.

I'm sure after so many years running Keith Black (or whoever makes the Chrysler-based Hemis now, I haven't kept up), KB has a lot of money and influence. Not to mention the racers have a vested interest in continuing to use the same hardware.

I get why they did it, but I just love being able to say that the Ford Boss Nine is superior to the Chrysler Hemi and NHRA had to make it against the rules to run a Boss Nine.

I feel the same way about the 351 Cleveland and NASCAR, although the engines stopped looking like Clevelands a number of years ago.
Go look back and how bad NHRA tried to Stop Glidden and the cleveland..kept adding weight and he kept winning :) Then NHRA let WJ build a new engine that wasn't even similar to anything in production..If you watch Bob's interviews that's when Ford said " we are done playing these games"
Sponsored