Sponsored

Talk me out of 6

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
May be, but if you look at the "who has ordered what" poll on this site, it's running about 75% GT, will all but two of the remaining cars being EBs. The V6 is not getting a lot of love around here, except from OP and Hertz.

If there were a V6 Premium, or better a V6 Premium PP AT, I MIGHT have gone that way. I was nearly swayed by a similarly-equipped EB and its $30K price, and a V6 like that at $29K might have kept me out of the GT fold.

Can't really say I regret it worked out the way it did, LOL.

99% of the people who buy a Mustang next year, will never of heard of Mustng6G.com, or filled out a poll....

The EB Mustang will be an instant classic..!
Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Or go fleet-only until their engine stock runs out.
The 3.7 V6 Engine Block will (not) simply run out, period. A huge amount of Non-Fleet V6 Fastback & Convertibles will be in the total Build mix, especially in the Convertible where the Base V6 Convertible is priced between $5,500 and $6,500 less then the Premium EB 2.3 I4 version depending if its a A/T or Manual Transmission. When Ford finally kills off the 3.7 V6, it will be immediately replaced with the very similar 3.5 V6 EB Engine to replace the 5.0 V8 which will end up being be a limited production SVT Option.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99% of the people who buy a Mustang next year, will never of heard of Mustng6G.com, or filled out a poll....

The EB Mustang will be an instant classic..!
You think? Bet when the 2015 Mustang Convertibles hit Dealers lots, there will be many more V6 and GT V8`s then EB 2.3 I4`s, just saying. Anyone in their right mind willing to pay the Premium price for a EB 2.3 Convertible would opt to pay a bit more and go for the Premium GT V8 Convertible.

DJGold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2015 V6 Manual (3.55 diff)

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
You think? Bet when the 2015 Mustang Convertibles hit Dealers lots, there will be many more V6 and GT V8`s then EB 2.3 I4`s, just saying. Anyone in their right mind willing to pay the Premium price for a EB 2.3 Convertible would opt to pay a bit more and go for the Premium GT V8 Convertible.
I'd like to live in your world where $7k is only "a bit more"

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do the math. Base V6 2015 Mustang Convertible A/T with OPtional Equipment Package 051A and Spare Tire with N.C. Option # 13D "Spoiler Delete MSRO of only $32,320. Going to either EB 2.3 or GT V8 requires "Premium Trim Upgrade with more Options adding an addition cost of either $5,500 or $6,500 dollars extra to the price of the Vehicle pending the selection of either Manual or Automatic Transmission. Kinda of an expensive (up-grade), you think?

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to live in your world where $7k is only "a bit more"
Going from a Base V6 2015 Mustang Convertible to either a "Premium" EB or GT Mustang Convertible is a (huge) bump-up in price. Saying it was a (bit) more was being sarcastic.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Let's say, over-optimistically, that Ford is aiming for 100,000 model year sales. The take rate on convertibles is 18%; so, figure 18,000 total convertibles. A lot of those will be for rental fleets; the majority of fleet sales will be V6's, so let's say 12,000 convertibles in retail sales. If I had to guess at a breakdown on those -- just a guess -- I'd say that might break 4,000 GT's, 7,000 2.3T's, and 1,000 V6's. They'll want to have some price leaders in V6's, but very few retail customers will want to be stuck with the base interior in a convertible.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Additionally, I don't see many people grabbing the v8, once they ride/drive in the 2.3 EB.
I assume you are not referring to the people on this forum. It appears from the poll that 79% of Mustangs ordered are equipped as a GT.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let's say, over-optimistically, that Ford is aiming for 100,000 model year sales. The take rate on convertibles is 18%; so, figure 18,000 total convertibles. A lot of those will be for rental fleets; the majority of fleet sales will be V6's, so let's say 12,000 convertibles in retail sales. If I had to guess at a breakdown on those -- just a guess -- I'd say that might break 4,000 GT's, 7,000 2.3T's, and 1,000 V6's. They'll want to have some price leaders in V6's, but very few retail customers will want to be stuck with the base interior in a convertible.
My Name is on one of them. Race Red, A/T, Spare Tire, Equipment Option 051A and Spoiler Delete. MSRP of only $32,310, I`m all in!

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I liked my 2012 V6, it had decent power and decent gas mileage. However with the options for the EB being more performance minded I would go EB if I wasnt going to buy a 5.0
Bet if you had to pay a Premium of $5.500 to $6,500 for the Convertible over the Fastback/Coupe you would be sing a different Tune!

zen25

Threads
Reaction score
2015 V6 seems to be a good value while V8 is absurdly expensive in relative comparison.
That said V8 has got very good resale value. I see CL listings for 25-30K for 2 year old cars when new S197s are going for under 30K.

EB is bit more expensive, but it is a modern direct injected aluminum block with twin scroll chargers.
I know the EB 1.0L in Fiesta SFE is a $1K extra over the 1.6L.

Sales of Mustang has been in a downtrend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang#Sales

It might not be the V8 buyers, but the V6 sales have been hit more I think though I do not have data to back it up. Now that the family cars like Sonata, Camrys and Accords are having good V6 motors, along with entry level German cars taking a big share.

EB might reverse the fortunes who knows. Turbo and Direct Injection is the future, Diesels have gone that way even Gas model will do too.
I would like to see EB $1-$2K lower than what it is now. More rebates in future, hope so.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
This is just a general observation to most of you.

I did a breakdown of verts at X-Plan with equipped with standard equipment and automatic (because most I see are auto's) The reason for only Premium Verts is market driven, the majority of people that buy them are baby boomers with disposable income, they are not looking for a race car. The V6's purpose is rentals and entry level (loss(t) leader) and a sales tool to push the buyer up to an Eco then a GT.

V6 $29,987 ($4,621 less than ECO) ($11,092 less than GT)
I4 $34,608 ($6,471 less than GT)
GT $41,079

Sales are down because this refresh should have happened 5 years ago but why retool when people are still buying. When it becomes too expensive to add mandated safety equipment to old design and market has changed then you retool.

OP
OP

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
You would think with modern computers of 2014, we would have more ways to customize our mustang exactly the way we like it. Look up all the options to customize 60's mustangs without computer power, how did they do it? Then look at the colors 1965 had 18 colors, and many interior colors. We are so advance?

http://1965-mustang.com/1965-mustang-colors.asp

DeColores

May all who want to work and are without work find it. Happy Labor Day!

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You would think with modern computers of 2014, we would have more ways to customize our mustang exactly the way we like it. Look up all the options to customize 60's mustangs without computer power, how did they do it? Then look at the colors 1965 had 18 colors, and many interior colors. We are so advance?

http://1965-mustang.com/1965-mustang-colors.asp

DeColores

May all who want to work and are without work find it. Happy Labor Day!
Excuse me? Your saying that (everyone) doesn`t want their Base V6 or EB 2.3 2015 Mustang Fastback/Coupe or Convertible with Ebony Black Cloth Interior? You think?
Sponsored