Sponsored

SYNC 5.9V Base Radio issues

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
I'm having an issue with the new 5.9 update that i'm hoping will fix the random "Bluetooth connected" "Bluetooth disconnected" issues i JUST started having with the car on my way to work (Phone is a MotoX Pure edition).

I have a brand new USB with files (Extracted already) on it, i install the USB on the port under the radio and then i navigate thru the menus to the install section under SYNC settings. The update starts and after about 1 min it says "Installation failed" and the woman in the box tells me that there "isn't enough room" on the usb? it has 20 gigs of free space on it...

Anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
Try another USB stick. I had to go through 3-4 different ones before I could finally get the update installed.

Here's my experience i posted in another thread.

First attempt: seemed like it went of but never gave the install complete message, even after an hour. System still reported as v5.8

Second attempt: different USB stick, started the install, then ran forever (usb light blinking, but system did nothing for an hour)

Third attempt: had to disconnect the battery to even get it to start as it would say 'installation in progress' when I even tried to do it......once again no dice

Fourth Attempt: Yet another different USB stick, had to disconnect the battery once again, however it somewhat worked this time....except the file it placed on the USB to confirm the install was corrupt, ford.owner.com site said unverified version installed. Car reports as V5.9, so I downloaded the version checker, ran it and got a good file fro reporting a successful install.

Seriously, it should not take all that just to get a F*&%ing update installed.:frusty:

OP
OP
Pesti13nce

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
Try another USB stick. I had to go through 3-4 different ones before I could finally get the update installed.

Here's my experience i posted in another thread.

First attempt: seemed like it went of but never gave the install complete message, even after an hour. System still reported as v5.8

Second attempt: different USB stick, started the install, then ran forever (usb light blinking, but system did nothing for an hour)

Third attempt: had to disconnect the battery to even get it to start as it would say 'installation in progress' when I even tried to do it......once again no dice

Fourth Attempt: Yet another different USB stick, had to disconnect the battery once again, however it somewhat worked this time....except the file it placed on the USB to confirm the install was corrupt, ford.owner.com site said unverified version installed. Car reports as V5.9, so I downloaded the version checker, ran it and got a good file fro reporting a successful install.

Seriously, it should not take all that just to get a F*&%ing update installed.:frusty:
I got mine working on the 2nd USB stick. All in all it wasn't bad took 20 min to load. Only issue i have now is, now that i got my phone synced back up the B/T audio is acting up AGAIN. Only NOW it doesn't even say that it's connected at all and it's asking me to resync but when i do it says pairing failed.. I powered down/up my phone and the display says "Connect B/T" but randomly i hit the play button on my phone and it plays thru the speaks?!?! WTF..... Tho it doesn't show up on the display what is actually playing.

OP
OP
Pesti13nce

Pesti13nce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Base manual
Hi Pesti13nce,

Glad you were able to get the update to install! Have you tried removing the battery from your phone before pairing it again?

Shaay
I have a new Moto X so the battery isn't removable. on that note, i got it to sync (Or i should say recognize that it has synced) but now the screen just says "Play music from your bluetooth device" and won't actually show what is playing.
Sponsored