OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
@Thepanda76 Email us for proper 2019 conversions.

[email protected]

Any time you change data in a module you are technically flashing it with new configuration data. Any modules that you do this to will most likely have their warranty void if Ford Engineering Operations sees this in a warranty claim. That said, we have converted 20-something 2019s the right way and have had no issues.
Sponsored

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
Does this add drive modes to an otherwise base 2018/2019 Mustang GT 10 speed automatic? Like Sport/Sport+/Track etc? My 2018 base GT with PP1 doesn't have any of these.

I'm actually more interested in this upgrade/swap, but it would nice to know if drive modes can be added.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Does this add drive modes to an otherwise base 2018/2019 Mustang GT 10 speed automatic? Like Sport/Sport+/Track etc? My 2018 base GT with PP1 doesn't have any of these.

I'm actually more interested in this upgrade/swap, but it would nice to know if drive modes can be added.
Yes you will get drive modes.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yes. The 15-18 is the same. The 19 is slightly different parts wise. We enable drive modes on all of our customers cars.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I added the harness and dup 12 from hex tall to enable my subwoofer JL box, no issues. He referred earlier to some models having weird issue, mine just does a thump when car turns off, and a thump when turns off, because my amp turns on too quick and just does a pulse on and off out of order.

no biggie though.

Sponsored

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
So I finally got everything buttoned up in the Stang from MFT to Sync 3. I've had the Sync 3 installed for while. Just had the dash off because I wanted to make sure there were no issue.

And low and be-hold get everything back together and the USB hub under dash cubby hole doesn't work. No power or anything. Is there something I missed? The one the center console works fine.

jackieboy8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible V6
@BlownGP did you buy the original new wire that goes from the new hub in the center console to the cubby? Because it's a foolproof cable that clicks in. Can't anything go wrong with that.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Oh, I didn't know I needed a new wire that goes to the center console to cubby hole usb.

Wonder if that could be my problem.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
So doing this base to sync 3 swap as been a real pain in the ass on my brothers mustang....

Got everything installed, then didn't know we needed new ford usb cables which only have power and don't work with a thumb drive with music.

But the biggest problem is forscan won't connect.
It worked fine and I changed some settings in the APIM but only the APIM, BCM, PCM were the only modules showing
Read on forscan forum about deleting the profile forscan will find all the modules.

Well did that and now it won't connect at all. Figured maybe the ELM adapter crapped out but my mom as a 2013 Explorer and it connects fine and shows all the modules.

So I'm at a loss here. Thank god the car runs and drives fine and almost everything works with Sync 3. Sync voice prompts don't work, and can't use bluetooth to make a call since the ACM still thinks it's using the 4.2 system.

Any ideas?
Thanks

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So doing this base to sync 3 swap as been a real pain in the ass on my brothers mustang....

Got everything installed, then didn't know we needed new ford usb cables which only have power and don't work with a thumb drive with music.

But the biggest problem is forscan won't connect.
It worked fine and I changed some settings in the APIM but only the APIM, BCM, PCM were the only modules showing
Read on forscan forum about deleting the profile forscan will find all the modules.

Well did that and now it won't connect at all. Figured maybe the ELM adapter crapped out but my mom as a 2013 Explorer and it connects fine and shows all the modules.

So I'm at a loss here. Thank god the car runs and drives fine and almost everything works with Sync 3. Sync voice prompts don't work, and can't use bluetooth to make a call since the ACM still thinks it's using the 4.2 system.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Does your ELM adapter have a switch?

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah tired both with Ms can and hs can. Forscan establish connection with elm but won't connect to the car.

There's nothing fucked up with obd port anything?
I think you are supposed to connect with mscan and then it should prompt you to switch to hscan after it reads the modules. You verify your extended license for forscan is still good?

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I think you are supposed to connect with mscan and then it should prompt you to switch to hscan after it reads the modules. You verify your extended license for forscan is still good?
Yeah, it normal does that. Once it loads some of the modules it will tell me to switch so it can load the rest.

License is good until next month. Like I said I took off my brothers car and hooked it up to my moms 13 Explorer and it worked fine.
It's really strange to me. Like something is blocking it from connecting.

ToddUGA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Thanks to Hextall and Chris I am now rocking Sync3 in my 2015 GT and loving it. I absolutely hated the old My Ford Touch system. Thanks again guys and if anybody is on the fence I'd highly recommend them if you are thinking of doing the same swap.
IMG_0133.jpg

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
So I hit a bit of a snag with my sync 3 upgrade. I have been running sync2 using the stock base 4.2" electronics and bezel layout for the past 3.5-4 years. My plan was to continue using this but the circuit board that connects the screen to the apim interferes with my stock 4.2" electronics. Is it possible to get longer ribbon cables to connect the screen to the circuit board? Does anyone happen to know what ribbon cable I would need and where I could purchase them? If that is not an option, where have you guys been getting the premium bezel from? The prices on ebay are crazy for this part.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.