Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt pp with recaros

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I’m planing to buy this sway bar
https://lmr.com/item/ST-5551017/201...mxbSjEPOLeIQCv566oWkBZEUCyszWkFBoCYOUQAvD_BwE

This sway-bar have 3 setting If I put them in the stiffest setting can you damage the chassis? Bro science say that too much stiffness in the body of the car is not good!! What’s your opinion?
No - but on the front you will certainly bend the links so buy those too (I did bend the OEM links on the least stiff settings). Also, on the stiffest setting you have to use the other mounting point on the strut for the front bar.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This was an issue on the S197 because of how the bar mounted. This is not an issue on the S550. You can run a very stiff front bar without compromising the chassis. As @kz mentioned, the endlinks are the weak link at stiffer bar settings.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Seems to me when I stiffened the front bar, my tires & camber then became the weak link and it tended to push more, driving aggressively. As always with chassis setup you want to try to match your tires and suspension setup together, and alignment also has an effect. Most times when you change something there are other effects you will encounter and then you need to re-tune to optimize.

OP
OP

Supermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you guys. I’ll probably just go against it.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The question isn’t can you run them full stiff, it’s should you run full stiff.

OP
OP

Supermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No - but on the front you will certainly bend the links so buy those too (I did bend the OEM links on the least stiff settings). Also, on the stiffest setting you have to use the other mounting point on the strut for the front bar.
if I go with the softest setting do you still feel the difference? Or is just goin to feel stock. I own a 2017 gt with PP.

If I buy the sway bars I will get the endlinks too. Thank you guys and I’m sorry for my ignorance I have never own a car with aftermarket sway bars

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
if I go with the softest setting do you still feel the difference? Or is just goin to feel stock. I own a 2017 gt with PP.

If I buy the sway bars I will get the endlinks too. Thank you guys and I’m sorry for my ignorance I have never own a car with aftermarket sway bars
Yes you'll feel it. Medium setting is a pretty dramatic difference too.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

Like BmacIL said - you definitely will feel it. I'd start with softest and then up it if you want to... Changing settings is pretty easy and not a lot of work - basically requires taking wheels off.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I like the 35mm bar on full soft and stockish rear bar but mileage may vary. And I also have a bit stiffer springs than the average Mustang owner so that might be why I like that setup. Right now I am using the GT350 22mm rear bar, which was a major difference switching out the 25mm BMR.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Soft is significantly stiffer than the stock PP front bar, medium is as stiff as most people would go, even with stiffer springs and stuff.

the rear bar may even be too stiff on soft!

Front endlinks are a good idea. You can get by just fine with the stock rear endlinks if you want to save some money (the rears don’t bend like tge fronts do)

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
I've got mine one notch from full firm in the front and set at full soft on the back. It's well balanced at high speed running down on-ramps etc.
Sponsored