Sponsored

Suspension for No Prep/Street Style Racing

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Im trying to get the car to work better on the street (we have an airstrip/heads up racing facility here). The car is a 21 with a ESS G3X on E85 - made 740whp and went 9.9@142 (before the kmember and exhaust) at the track. I never have issues at a prepped drag strip, but on the street the car spins hard on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift. 90% of the time the 1-2 shift is so violent I have to abort the pass because the car gets out of shape. All my street testing is second gear leaves with a prep burnout and it still spins on the 2-3 shift.

Relevant mods:

BMR lowering springs
BMR vertical Links
BMR cradle lockout
BMR front drag Kmember (no front sway bar)
Forgestar D5 skinny fronts and ET Street SS 305/45/17s on the rear
Stock axles/DS/3.15 rear

I know changing to a true slick or at least the ET Street R would help, but Im concerned that the spinning on the shifts will still be an issue. I have never worked with an IRS car so im at a loss how these guys are hooking 1000+hp on a dirty street through a whole pass.

Any advice is appreciated.
Sponsored

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Get with Kelly at Kelltrac. Some Viking shocks and adjustable front struts should help out a lot.

OP
OP
WIST2019GT

WIST2019GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Get with Kelly at Kelltrac. Some Viking shocks and adjustable front struts should help out a lot.
I worked with Kelly on my 2014 mustang a few years ago. Ill check in with him again and see if he has some ideas.
Sponsored