Sponsored

Sunoco Race Fuel

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
My local track is a Vp fuel dealer, and the last couple of times at the track I have used the Ms109. I am thinking of heading to Englishtown, NJ this sunday to run in a buddies New vs. Old class. They only run Sunoco fuels, looks like my best bet is Sunoco 260 Gt Plus if they have it? Is that what fuel I should be looking for? I am going to call today to see if they have any drums left. Is there a better option?
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
My local track is a Vp fuel dealer, and the last couple of times at the track I have used the Ms109. I am thinking of heading to Englishtown, NJ this sunday to run in a buddies New vs. Old class. They only run Sunoco fuels, looks like my best bet is Sunoco 260 Gt Plus if they have it? Is that what fuel I should be looking for? I am going to call today to see if they have any drums left. Is there a better option?
Sorry..I know this is old. Would be curious as to find out what you ended up doing. Yes the 260 GT plus would be the best choice for FI although I have ran the standard 260 GT before as well.
I have a local Sunoco dealer that is a friend of mine:)
Just went E85 and going to try some of their E85-R. Its their version of VP's C85.

OP
OP

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I went with the 260 gt. Car ran well, 134mph, but ended up cooking the motor. Don't think it was the fuel, will know 100% what happened this weekend as its finally time to stop procrastinating and pull it apart.

ramirj2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium, 2003 350z, 1978 280z
I went with the 260 gt. Car ran well, 134mph, but ended up cooking the motor. Don't think it was the fuel, will know 100% what happened this weekend as its finally time to stop procrastinating and pull it apart.
I'm sorry about that.

It shouldn’t be the fuel!
You have a Whipple , 6M , 3.750” pulley on Whipple tune right?
I ran 260GT+93 on the strip and on the ½ mile no issues with a 3.625”
Changed to a 3.500” and ran it with 260GT plus (104) + 93 oct no issues either.
Also on Whipple tune, Royal Purple 5W-20 with Forged OPG, CG and ATI

OP
OP

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Yup, 3.75", 6spd manual, opg, cg, and ati as well. Stock everything else. I am curious to see what went wrong as well, something made it grab a bearing, don't think it had anything to do with the whipple or fuel. Going to head to the shop tomorrow and tear it down finally. It would put my mind at ease to find a smoking gun, but you just never know with these things.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I run strictly Sunoco 260 GT in my GT350.
It's 100 octane race gas. On the dyno I picked up 21 rear wheel hp. I buy it by the drum locally. It's all I run.

rredd14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2018 GT A10
I run strictly Sunoco 260 GT in my GT350.
It's 100 octane race gas. On the dyno I picked up 21 rear wheel hp. I buy it by the drum locally. It's all I run.
How much are you paying per drum?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood