Sponsored

Stock GT Mani vs F150 Mani Dyno

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Do we think and cam tuning can be played with at all the minimize the drop off over 6 grand?
Sponsored

OP
OP

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
So, ran tonight with the F150 IM. Ran at first with same tune I had with stock intake. It’s a Rob Shoemaker Flex Fuel tune and I have a PMAS as far as performance mods go. Ran with M/T ET R drag radials. With stock intake I ran a few weeks ago with DAs about 2300 and tonight with DAs about 1050 with the F150 IM. With stock IM, ran 7.99 @ 92. Tonight I ran 7.98 @ 92. Earth shattering results! LOL. Stock IM may have run slightly quicker with these DAs but that is just speculation. Car runs strong. I tried a tune that shifted 300 RPM quicker just to see if it would help or hurt times. With that tune, ran 8.08 @ 89. MPH definitely took a hit. Not sure if car needed time to adjust to that tune or not. Reloaded previous tune and MPH immediately went back to 92. So, take from that what you will. Just one person’s unscientific test. I would like to run again before season is done but I’m not sure if that will happen. Take that info and process it as you see fit.
Curious was the original run with the stock GT manifold also done with Rob's tune?

It is weird that your factory Ford PP2 tune (on the PP2 kit) looks as horrible as it does with all of the torque drop-outs and the jump in power near redline.

just posted his PP2 dyno which has none of the problems that yours does. So this backs up my claim that there's either something wrong with YOUR car, with the PP2 install, or with YOUR PP2 tune when you did that pull. Once again, I acknowledge that your stock pull looks fine and the F150 pull without a proper tune does not have the problems your PP2 pull has.

His pull is a lot smoother, normal looking and does not have the torque drop-out at 3,700RPM, does not have the 'flat' power curve from 5,500-6,100RPM, or the aggressive HP jump at 6,300RPM that yours has:
Omg...

You seem to like having the same circular arguments. We both agree both stock and F150 w/ PP2(the last run) doesn't have any weird dropoffs right? If thats the case then this statement:

So this backs up my claim that there's either something wrong with YOUR car, with the PP2 install
cant be true right??????? I mean 2 of 3 runs shows nothing wrong....:frusty:

That leaves it being :

YOUR PP2 tune when you did that pull
right??? I think i even agree to something of the sorts being possbile.:doh: Not to mention I think i remember reading there are multiple different PP2 versions running around. Knowing all this not quite sure why you keep bothering. You must truly have nothing to do. In any case
I find it fascinating that two people who clearly seem to dislike the manifold idea the most have stayed around the longest.

Last edited:

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
[MENTION=26166]jcart953[/MENTION] the run with my stock manifold WAS with Rob’s tune. Everything the same except F150 IM.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
[MENTION=26166]jcart953[/MENTION] - you initially said there was nothing wrong with your PP2 pull and I disagreed that it looked odd. Previously, there were no other PP2 Dynos out there to compare it to. Now there is and that one happens to look normal.

I don't see why you're getting so upset other than being in denial that something may have been wrong with your car, tune, or the install. If that's not the path you're going down then why are you so defensive?

I've never heard of there being "multiple PP2s out there". Can you elaborate? I only see 1 on Ford Performance's website. Was there an older version?

I think I justified and argued against Millhouse in favor of the f150 manifold based off YOUR needs, so why are you being so negative with me when I'm discussing the oddness of your graph over the second PP2 pull to be posted on the forum?

OP
OP

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
[MENTION=26166]jcart953[/MENTION] the run with my stock manifold WAS with Rob’s tune. Everything the same except F150 IM.
Interesting.. I still think Robs tune isn't the greatest but I think I might hit the local strip to see what I get. Of course not expecting much since it will be the first time lol

I wonder how that other guy's dyno result is doing.
[MENTION=26166]jcart953[/MENTION] - you initially said there was nothing wrong with your PP2 pull and I disagreed that it looked odd. Previously, there were no other PP2 Dynos out there to compare it to. Now there is and that one happens to look normal.
You literally quoted me in post #120 remember :

jcart953 said:
Originally Posted by jcart953 View Post
Ah yes that I also found weird and can agree on in terms of the weird drop. However once again the fact it doesn't show in the stock or F150 manifold makes me lean toward the tune. At best maybe some freak weird incident happened. However without more PP2 dynos running around or without another run things are simply inconclusive.
I don't see why you're getting so upset other than being in denial that something may have been wrong with your car, tune, or the install. If that's not the path you're going down then why are you so defensive?
Interesting how you see all my replies as defensive but think yours are somehhow golden. The consistent repetitive arguments you make are annoying especially when you make stuff up ...

I've never heard of there being "multiple PP2s out there". Can you elaborate? I only see 1 on Ford Performance's website. Was there an older version?
Better get the reading then lol:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60467

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I had the original PP2 tune and it was awful. I have a dyno chart of it on my build log or in the PP2 thread somewhere, and the chart doesn’t look too bad but the throttle mapping was a joke and it pinged under high load, full throttle. Got my money back, which I’m glad they were willing to do. They apparently revised the tune some time after (including after telling me that they didn’t need to revise the tune because they already tested it a lot).

Anywho...

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You literally quoted me in post #120 remember :
Of course. And you said:

"However without more PP2 dynos running around or without another run things are simply inconclusive."

I posted a new dyno of PP2 and you got all upset... :shrug:

Interesting how you see all my replies as defensive but think yours are somehow golden. The consistent repetitive arguments you make are annoying especially when you make stuff up ...
What did I make up exactly?

Thank you :thumbsup:

EDIT - so I ended up going through most of that thread. It looks like there was a software update around 6/2017 and anyone who downloads the file or re-downloads their PP1-3 will have the new fixed tune.

So there's technically not "multiple" PP2 tunes out there since whenever one is downloaded, it's now the new one.

I had the original PP2 tune and it was awful. I have a dyno chart of it on my build log or in the PP2 thread somewhere, and the chart doesn’t look too bad but the throttle mapping was a joke and it pinged under high load, full throttle. Got my money back, which I’m glad they were willing to do. They apparently revised the tune some time after (including after telling me that they didn’t need to revise the tune because they already tested it a lot).

Anywho...
So did you ever get the new tune that came out around 6/17?

Last edited:

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
:frusty::frusty::frusty:
So what did I make up? :frusty::frusty::frusty:

Also, did you have much time on the PP2 with the stock manifold? Did you have those driveability issues?

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
Has anyone come up with a way to run stock engine cove with this intake?

Sponsored

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
I was going to recommend cutting the perches off and JB welding it in the same place on the new manifold?

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I’m going to put my stock intake on this week and sell my F150 intake if anyone is interested. It is great for daily driver or someone who does autox and wants more torque lower in RPM range and not worried about losing a bit up top. I like to play at the drag strip and I believe this intake probably hurts slightly for that use. Still fun driving around with it everyday and having a bit more punch low end.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I'm interested
Sponsored