stock dv with new ic pipes

Skywalker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'16 White ecoboost manual
As the title implies, I was wondering about upgrading my IC and IC piping but was kinda interested in keeping my stock dv rather than switching to a vacuum operated bov. After reading a bunch of posts, I was interested in the GFB DV+ adapter as a way to improve on the stock valve and the benefits of retaining mostly ECU control vs having to tap into a vacuum source. However, from the looks of it, most of the replacement IC piping have round flanges for the aftermarket bov's vs the triangular bolted pattern for mounting the stock valve.

I know I could just get the cp-e hot side replacement pipes that allows you to mount the stock valve, but I also wanted to have the valve on the cold side pipe, as I've read that is also a benefit for the turbos lifetime health.

Any help or further info on this concept would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As the title implies, I was wondering about upgrading my IC and IC piping but was kinda interested in keeping my stock dv rather than switching to a vacuum operated bov. After reading a bunch of posts, I was interested in the GFB DV+ adapter as a way to improve on the stock valve and the benefits of retaining mostly ECU control vs having to tap into a vacuum source. However, from the looks of it, most of the replacement IC piping have round flanges for the aftermarket bov's vs the triangular bolted pattern for mounting the stock valve.

I know I could just get the cp-e hot side replacement pipes that allows you to mount the stock valve, but I also wanted to have the valve on the cold side pipe, as I've read that is also a benefit for the turbos lifetime health.

what turbo you going with?

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
BOV on the hot side or cold side doesn't matter. It comes down to personal preference. If you want to keep the stock valve though your options are limited to only a couple such as the Mishimoto or cp-e. ATM used to make a silicone hot side with an adapter for the stock valve but the are no longer in business.

Sponsored

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM

no benefit to moving the stock valve over to the cold side plus you will need to extend the wire harness for the valve which is way more trouble than it's worth

if you want to upgrade the charge pipes but retain the OEM bypass valve let me know and I'll send you a coupon code to save you some loot on your order:thumbsup:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to change charge pipes, just get one with the hot side flange.
Your options are:
Stock BPV
Stock BPV with DV+
Upgraded bpv with vacuum or computer control.
Upgraded BOV with vacuum or computer control.

I have a Mishi hot pipe with a turbosmart vacuum operated bypass valve.
Works like a charm with my tune+.

OP
OP

Skywalker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
If you want to change charge pipes, just get one with the hot side flange.
Your options are:
Stock BPV
Stock BPV with DV+
Upgraded bpv with vacuum or computer control.
Upgraded BOV with vacuum or computer control.

I have a Mishi hot pipe with a turbosmart vacuum operated bypass valve.
Works like a charm with my tune+.
For example: get the hot side pipes and the boomba racing bov that's boost controlled by the ECU still?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
For example: get the hot side pipes and the boomba racing bov that's boost controlled by the ECU still?
Correct, if you want the BOV "whoosh".

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Those cp-e pipes look amazing period
You should see them in person. They're the nicest ones on the market with the standard CP-e quality and fit. Great product!

OP
OP

Skywalker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I've really only heard good things about the cp-e stuff and it looks great. I'm probably going to end up going with their intercooler and hot pipes with the dv+

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I've really only heard good things about the cp-e stuff and it looks great. I'm probably going to end up going with their intercooler and hot pipes with the dv+
That'd be a solid package! Make sure to hit up [MENTION=14142]Ron@cp-e[/MENTION].
Sponsored