OP

CompStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT
Yeah I am thinking I will go that route. Now just need to decide if i do lockout kit or steeda parts :)
Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Springs are gonna be subjective to the person driving the car. What I think is a comfortable/ tolerable ride is going to be different to you. Instead of getting too crazy with springs first why not try stiffer sway bars. Take your pick BMR or Steeda, they both make quality products. It will make it handle better and not decrease ride quality. Im not biased to either one. I have both brands on my car. They both support the S550 community well so I support both of them too. If that's not enough for you then try springs and dampers.

Definitely do the Steeda rear shock mounts. Best mod Ive done to mine as it make the rear end feel more planted.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Springs are gonna be subjective to the person driving the car. What I think is a comfortable/ tolerable ride is going to be different to you. Instead of getting too crazy with springs first why not try stiffer sway bars. Take your pick BMR or Steeda, they both make quality products. It will make it handle better and not decrease ride quality. Im not biased to either one. I have both brands on my car. They both support the S550 community well so I support both of them too. If that's not enough for you then try springs and dampers.

Definitely do the Steeda rear shock mounts. Best mod Ive done to mine as it make the rear end feel more planted.
Doing springs makes a pretty big difference in how the car accelerates and brakes, too. The lack of the nose going sky high under hard accel, and staying flat during braking is a very nice feeling. Acceleration feels stronger overall. This car also likes more spring in the rear if you want to stiffen it up vs. bars. It helps keep the inside tire loaded better, which means you can put more power down. I agree though, that bars are a good way to get you to good handling without a big difference in ride quality (single wheel bumps will be harsher).

The Performance springs are known to not cause any degredation to ride quality on stock dampers, and the rear shock mounts kill the remaining oscillation from the rear.
Sponsored