GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Anyone else have this issue? Haven't really tested out the locking portion of it, but my lid frequently doesn't latch all the way or can be tough to open. I'm going to take her in eventually but was curious if I'm the only one.

I keep a very useful and dangerous tool in there for emergencies, so I need that lid to be reliable but also lock reliably for security reasons!
Sponsored

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If it's that bad, why not get some grease and spray it into the latching mechanism?

OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
If it's that bad, why not get some grease and spray it into the latching mechanism?
It feels like it binds internally. I was going to try greasing it up but just haven't gotten around to it, but I think I'll have to take the lid apart to really get to the root cause. I have some other stuff to bring in for warranty work so I was just going to let them mess with it. Had a feeling they will tell me it is "normal behavior" like they tell me for everything else this car does that is annoying! :frusty:

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's definitely not normal. Mine works fine. Clean break and release without sticking.

OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
It's definitely not normal. Mine works fine. Clean break and release without sticking.
Mine has a harder time closing more than anything. I used to think it was because I had too much stuff in the console but now that I examine it, there seems to be no reason and it seems worse lately. Sometimes I have to keep slamming it several times to get it to latch, but now I have to manually pull down on the lever to get it to latch. I probably made it worse by slamming it so much. Lol

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I wonder if something got caught in the latch once and it got smashed in. Oh well, warranty time!
Sponsored