Sponsored

Stereo base 4.3" head unit upgrade: Ideas? Plans?***

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I am just speechless. I always liked to read about car entertainment module modifications, but this is a whole new level. The question is how do the rest of us go about reprogramming and adding on the NAV so that the multimedia interface works with the head unit (unless it's just the matter of hooking up the interface to head unit?)? Would there be a software released to do it, or jmr061 would be the one to send it to to reprogram? I'm just trying to see how should I go about it if I buy one of those 8" screens.
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I am just speechless. I always liked to read about car entertainment module modifications, but this is a whole new level. The question is how do the rest of us go about reprogramming and adding on the NAV so that the multimedia interface works with the head unit (unless it's just the matter of hooking up the interface to head unit?)? Would there be a software released to do it, or jmr061 would be the one to send it to to reprogram? I'm just trying to see how should I go about it if I buy one of those 8" screens.
Certainly talk to jmr061 about programming. You would need to send jmr061 your module in order for the reprogramming to be completed.

I must warn you though that even with my bezel this is not for the faint of heart. You need to be skilled with using a Dremel in order to cut the OEM bezel and you need to be able to solder and understand wiring diagrams in order to hook up the multimedia module (sd card reader).

I am trying to work out an easier method to install but so far no progress to report.

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Zack, thanks for the insight. I won't be doing this until I get my car, and that it is around winter time. I hope for a some sort of DIY once all is figured out. It is really great news, because non premium Mustang owners, especially the V6, have been kind of forgotten by Ford, and we have to do pick up where Ford left.

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Great job! I really want this done to my car. how much will this cost me to get everything and installed? Where can I buy the things I need as well?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Great job! I really want this done to my car. how much will this cost me to get everything and installed? Where can I buy the things I need as well?
I have just under $400 invested so far. For a complete install I would say to expect around $500-600.

You can get major components from eBay while wiring and pins can be bought from fordparts.com. Like I said earlier I plan to have a complete writeup with part numbers and price breakdown once I finish my install.

Sponsored

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Thanks that will be great and for the price I'm in. This was the only option I wanted on my GT base PP. I'm not a fan of leather. And thanks again for all your hard work in doing this for us.

futbol90x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2005 & 2015 mustang gt pp
I have just under $400 invested so far. For a complete install I would say to expect around $500-600.

You can get major components from eBay while wiring and pins can be bought from fordparts.com. Like I said earlier I plan to have a complete writeup with part numbers and price breakdown once I finish my install.
Impressive! !!!!Ă·

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
I have a GT premium with the MFT, all I lack is the Nav. What would it take to reprogram my unit to have the Nav?

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this plays out. While I'm good with wiring and generally adept with a Dremel tool, I'm a bit trepidatious about hacking into my brand-new car.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I am happy to report that sync audio is now fully functional! A slight change in programming in the ACM was all that was needed. I now have a FULLY functional MFT system! :D

..::Ryan::..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic
A full write up is coming once I get the sync audio issue ironed out! Every vehicle has a GPSM so no other hardware is required.
I am happy to report that sync audio is now fully functional! A slight change in programming in the ACM was all that was needed. I now have a FULLY functional MFT system! :D
OK we are ready! :cool:

wiSC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP
YES!!! You're the man! jmr061 is practically my neighbor, I have great access to this MFT "programming god".

oustaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2016 Mustang
Zach do you think its possible to do this with sync3? I mean if I find one from a totaled 2016

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Zach do you think its possible to do this with sync3? I mean if I find one from a totaled 2016
Hard to say. When we can get our hands on 2016 shop manuals we will know more. I would be willing to bet though that it will come down to programming just like the MFT swap.
Sponsored