Sponsored

Steering wheel alignment

trackpack2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt track pack
I've added eibach suspension to my 2016 mustang gt, the steering wheel was a little to the left after installation. Had an alignment done and everything is good, today the steering wheel is a little to the right. Other then taking it back to the alignment center, is there something I'm missing. Thanks for your input
Sponsored

GreenGuardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I have had the same exact issue and it has never been figured out or fixed to date. I have taken my car to a handful of shops to check the alignment and every shop has showed me on the screen that it is within specs. My steering wheel is canted to the right a couple of degrees, I'm not sure how it can be fixed either.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Did you install camber plate?

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can easily be fixed without alignment machine. Its all in the toe. I have seen the issue many times and it is all in the alignment machines and not the car

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have had the same exact issue and it has never been figured out or fixed to date. I have taken my car to a handful of shops to check the alignment and every shop has showed me on the screen that it is within specs. My steering wheel is canted to the right a couple of degrees, I'm not sure how it can be fixed either.
If you think about it, alignment numbers can't possibly be used to say the steering wheel is straight or not. Remember when there were usually splined steering columns and the wheel could be put on at any angle. Moving it would have no effect on the alignment numbers of the car.

Since an S550 steering wheel can only be put on one way, I'm guessing there has to be other ways to center it and they either just aren't willing or don't know how to center it and retain the proper numbers.

Sponsored

OP
OP
trackpack2016

trackpack2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt track pack
Camber plates were not installed, I only drive 3 miles to work and the other day on the highway going out of town I gave my car some throttle and the car was all over the place... I did install adjustable toe in on the rear, it's going back to the shop Monday to be looked at. I just don't know if he is putting the chamber for the car

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Can easily be fixed without alignment machine. Its all in the toe. I have seen the issue many times and it is all in the alignment machines and not the car
^^^ So with it on the rack and toe is out, they may not always make sure the steering wheel is centered before adjusting. Thus perfect print out on paper and crooked steering wheel.
Sponsored