Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter is Here!

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
you guys will love this shifter
Thanks, Alex. All of the feedback on the Tri-Ax that I've seen has been positive. Can't wait to get it installed. :cheers:

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Just got mine in and love it. Very positive concise feel. No slop. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Bgallegos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT350
Could you pm the price and with a white shift knob? I looked on the website and couldn't find that shift knob.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if the Barton reverse collar will work with Steeda's Tri-Ax?

I just ordered the Tri-Ax and I'm thinking I might as well get rid of the OEM collar when I have the Tri-Ax installed.

Steeda is working on their own version of reverse collar, but I don't they're out yet or I would get theirs.

Thanks.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

I just ordered the Tri-Ax and I'm thinking I might as well get rid of the OEM collar when I have the Tri-Ax installed.

Steeda is working on their own version of reverse collar, but I don't they're out yet or I would get theirs.

Thanks.
Not sure. We should have more of an ETA in about 10 days.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Not sure. We should have more of an ETA in about 10 days.
Thanks, David. FedEx is telling me my Tri-Ax should be here by end of day Saturday. That's fast service! :cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Thanks, David. FedEx is telling me my Tri-Ax should be here by end of day Saturday. That's fast service! :cheers:
Great news! We're all about promoting that weekend install! :cheers:

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Yes it does work.

However, I noticed that my EPCO shift knob will only thread in 4 full turns or the reverse lockout will not have enough room to fully pull up. I ended up not using the rubber bushing & just Loctited the knob.

Installed ours today...I dropped my exhaust & drive-shaft...makes for a lot easier install IMHO.

Anyways, took the car out tonight for a quick spin...all I have to say is DAMN what a difference!! That stock shifter is indeed, a POS.

No more guessing when downshifting; the shift gates are so close & precise that the car drives exceptionally well. Just in case, I added Dynamat on the mounting arm, (top & bottom), forward half of the shifter housing, and on the bottom plate. Also put some on the rear mount bracket itself as well. I have some minor harmonics when in first and @ WOT but otherwise, no added NVH. Curious if the gear whine I have from the STEEDA red diff bushings I have installed also quieted down some. I did not hear any tonight. I'll find out more when I get on the freeway tomorrow or Sunday.

People have said that using the stock shift linkage is counter-productive. In this case, STEEDA designed this kit to be top notch, can't even tell I'm still using the stock linkage. Not to mention, excellent price-point, quick shipping, and excellent CS...F@cking well done STEEDA! :thumbsup:
TriAx.jpg

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Yes it does work.

However, I noticed that my EPCO shift knob will only thread in 4 full turns or the reverse lockout will not have enough room to fully pull up. I ended up not using the rubber bushing & just Loctited the knob.

Installed ours today...I dropped my exhaust & drive-shaft...makes for a lot easier install IMHO.

Anyways, took the car out tonight for a quick spin...all I have to say is DAMN what a difference!! That stock shifter is indeed, a POS.

No more guessing when downshifting; the shift gates are so close & precise that the car drives exceptionally well. Just in case, I added Dynamat on the mounting arm, (top & bottom), forward half of the shifter housing, and on the bottom plate. Also put some on the rear mount bracket itself as well. I have some minor harmonics when in first and @ WOT but otherwise, no added NVH. Curious if the gear whine I have from the STEEDA red diff bushings I have installed also quieted down some. I did not hear any tonight. I'll find out more when I get on the freeway tomorrow or Sunday.

People have said that using the stock shift linkage is counter-productive. In this case, STEEDA designed this kit to be top notch, can't even tell I'm still using the stock linkage. Not to mention, excellent price-point, quick shipping, and excellent CS...F@cking well done STEEDA! :thumbsup:

We love hearing from happy customers! Glad the install went smoothly and you're now experiencing the next level of shifting performance! #SteedaFTW :)

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Yes it does work.

Thanks, Rand. I'm hoping to get the Tri-Ax installed next week. So I'm going to order Barton's reverse collar (maybe with expidited shipping) so it can all be done at once. :cheers:

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Ths weekend just got better... boxes from Steeda waiting for me when I got home from work!
Sponsored