Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Mustang Clutch Spring Assist 35 lb/in - Now Available!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I have a McLeod RXT and am hoping this spring will keep the pedal lifted. I would guess it will because the RXT should only change the pressure when pressing the clutch in not change the disengagement or resting pressure... I think lol.
Yep, the softer spring will keep the pedal all the way up regardless of what clutch you are running.
Sponsored

abuch91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
i installed earlier and the feel is almost the same as removing the clutch spring. with the spring remove the pedal would not go up 100% so this seems to correct that. no idea if il notice anything else but clutch pedal feels the same as no spring and engagement. Steeds can you comment on what else i should feel? been driving my car for months with no springs so kinda use to it now
I believe that was the point. I bought the spring for no other reason to eliminate the slop at the top. The other thread on this subject goes back an fourth for pages of people contemplating the idea of premature wear, slave cylinder, and TOB damage from the pedal sag. Honestly it's for peace of mind, not for any kind of pedal change. Performs as designed with the linear feel of no spring at all.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Hehehe....but seriously, I installed the Steeda spring and it's a significant improvement...and other than my Anarchy shift knob it's probably the fastest part swap I ever did.

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Definitely ordering one. As others have said, I have been spring-less for quite some time and it definitely improved the clutch feel. However, I was always nervous about what mechanical issues might arise as I could also feel that the pedal never quite went back to normal when released. Sounds like this solves all of the problems.

I do have a question though (not sure if this may have been covered already but I didn't read through all of the pages). I assume this is JUST the spring and not the plastic support pieces? I still have mine and if I remember, they should be just fine but I know some owners broke theirs when removing the factory spring so I was just curious.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Definitely ordering one. As others have said, I have been spring-less for quite some time and it definitely improved the clutch feel. However, I was always nervous about what mechanical issues might arise as I could also feel that the pedal never quite went back to normal when released. Sounds like this solves all of the problems.

I do have a question though (not sure if this may have been covered already but I didn't read through all of the pages). I assume this is JUST the spring and not the plastic support pieces? I still have mine and if I remember, they should be just fine but I know some owners broke theirs when removing the factory spring so I was just curious.
Just the spring

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
So with all the GT350 spring issues and the concern over which is the right compression weight to use I went one up on Steeda and went with this. Stock on left, upgraded spring on right. Time to start doing more squats in the gym....

This had me rolling for some reason!!

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
Can someone post a picture of how many pieces is there to the spring on the 15 gt ? I know there is the spring and a plastic part where the spring sit on and is there something else?

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Can someone post a picture of how many pieces is there to the spring on the 15 gt ? I know there is the spring and a plastic part where the spring sit on and is there something else?
There are three pieces, the spring, a lower perch and upper perch. The two perches have a connecting sleeve that goes inside the spring. Pretty basic.

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
Just installed mine. Used pliers to compress spring to remove. Used bare hands to re-install. Clutch action feels good, not a total game changer, but if I had one word to describe, I would say "nice". Definitely worth the $15!!

rozay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PQ 5.0 MT
There are three pieces, the spring, a lower perch and upper perch. The two perches have a connecting sleeve that goes inside the spring. Pretty basic.
Thanks I guess I lost one of the pieces then. Sucks

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood