Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Drag Rear Sway Bar - Now Available!

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You can't ;) Front bar has four spots so you have to choose more firm or more soft. Very basic: the stiffer the front is compared to the back, the less oversteer. If you like whipping the tail end around to push the car, firmer on the back. (if I'm wrong, someone else please correct me) So compared to what you have right
Well, the only "tail whipping" I do is merging on the freeway from a curve! ...I guess what I'm looking is a slightly firmer upgrade coming off a curb. Could a case be made that I don't need an upgrade of a sway bar?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I guess my message got cut off, it was ended with "so compared to what you have right...." now it would be flatter throughout turns and curves and with less oversteer so it would feel (imo) more like pushing through the turn than waiting for the car to straighten back out before you can apply power. They make a big difference, but I wouldn't put it on the same level of "need" as a moderate drop coupled with improved shocks/struts. Since I don't see it mentioned in your current or planned mods, look at getting something to stabilize the IRS as well (Stop the Hop Kit or to finish what you have, the subframe support braces and bushings). That is more affordable and might be the improvement you're looking for to clean up slop from the rear end.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I have a 2015 Ecoboost w/ Steeda progressive springs and the IRS subframe alignment kit. Steeda non-adjustable Pro-Action shocks/struts, adjustable bumpstop kit, billet rear shock mounts and the front roll center and bumpsteer correction kit will be the next additions. I'm tight on coin, but I'm thinking of adding the adjustable front/rear sway bar w/the billet front/rear mount kit poly bushings; My question: How much of a handling improvement can I expect?
What you need to do first is drive it the way it is right now, and let that tell you what you think it needs to do better - or at least do differently. 'Handling' is in significant part subjective, so pay at least as much attention to how the car "feels" as you drive it as you're probably spending now on imagining how much increase in the cornering g numbers you're counting on getting.

Norm

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I ran that bar on my 15GT/PP and its fantastic, with a few other of Steeda's parts...IRS supports, brace, diff bushings, really made my car handle the way it should have from Ford. A+++

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered for my 2022

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Does this bar make the car tail happy?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Would love to hear your feedback ... this is a great upgrade!

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase