Sponsored

STEEDA'S PROGRESSIVE S550 LOWERING SPRINGS - LET'S SEE YOUR SET-UP PICS!

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT PP1, '66 Mustang, '18 BMW X3, '97 Tacoma
Steeda Progressives, Steeda Stop the Hop kit, 25mm front and 20mm rear spacers.

273E563F-BD3E-4AE8-9A0E-6A4B9E962575.png
Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Steeda Progressives, Steeda Stop the Hop kit, 25mm front and 20mm rear spacers.

273E563F-BD3E-4AE8-9A0E-6A4B9E962575.png
I like this combination of 25mm in front and 20mm back spacers with OEM rims because i don't like how the back rim flushes out of the fender on the front.

Can you share what spacers you went with and did you consider another size of spacers for the back? I think 10mm is too small.

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I went with Steeda’s spacers. Looked at many PP cars with spacers and the only other thing I would’ve considered would be the unicorn 23mm spacers so you don’t have to trim the rear studs. 20mm studs require u to trip the studs about 1/4”.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Thanks @1bad66.... Just for me to be clear before I order. You had to trim down the back studs and not the fronts?

Sponsored

scottycameron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP1 Orange Fury
Nice. I was looking at those and the S350 version in Black...I don't really care for going to bronze, even though it looks good, its not me. I really want some of the new SM-10 from Apex...
i'm really curious to see how they look on an OF,
Thanks @1bad66.... Just for me to be clear before I order. You had to trim down the back studs and not the fronts?
You do not need to trim for 25mm but do for 20mm regardless of front or rear.

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Yeah what scotty said..In my case the 20mm are on the rear so they had to be trimmed.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
i'm really curious to see how they look on an OF,

You do not need to trim for 25mm but do for 20mm regardless of front or rear.

If you have mag ride, you'll have to trim the front studs with 25mm spacers.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
In my case I don't have the mag ride. Almost decided to go 25mm all around.

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the concerns...

It is because at this moment I don't want to change the OEM wheels and tires and I really like them. I know i will change them at certain moment but for now the car only have 500 miles on it and I prefer to give it more time before a change.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the concerns...

It is because at this moment I don't want to change the OEM wheels and tires and I really like them. I know i will change them at certain moment but for now the car only have 500 miles on it and I prefer to give it more time before a change.
I'll beat the dead horse here, and not because I'm trying to push you to buy X brand of wheels...get whichever you want or none at all. I'm just trying to save you some pain and money:

Wheel adapters are flat-out not good. I used the same logic as you and maintained my OEM wheels and tires for about two years (half of which I had winter wheels on) and used spacers for about 30 days within this period. I legitimately could not sleep well knowing that I could not (easily) check the torque specs on the wheel adapter nuts. This is very problematic to the type of driving I do (long distance/autobahn speeds/high altitude mountain passes) but is relevant to all. Additionally, the "feel" of the steering was jumpier; I'm not talking about scrub radius...this was some sort of oddity from the adapters as my properly backspaced winter wheels give no such issues. The overall feel was unsettling -- from the physical feel of the drive to the mental stress of not being able to check the lugs. Now let's talk about dismounting these things. Depending which brand you purchased (I got the Eibachs), the adapter nuts are made of aluminum. After only 30 days of use, these nuts essentially adhered to my lugs, forcing me to smash and pull about half of the nuts in order to remove them. Certainly not a good thing if you have to change your wheels and tires every October and April.

If I could do it over again, I would have saved the $300 or so I spent on the high-end adapters and just put the cash towards a nice set of wheels. Hindsight truly is 20/20.

/end_soapbox

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I'll beat the dead horse here, and not because I'm trying to push you to buy X brand of wheels...get whichever you want or none at all. I'm just trying to save you some pain and money:

Wheel adapters are flat-out not good. I used the same logic as you and maintained my OEM wheels and tires for about two years (half of which I had winter wheels on) and used spacers for about 30 days within this period. I legitimately could not sleep well knowing that I could not (easily) check the torque specs on the wheel adapter nuts. This is very problematic to the type of driving I do (long distance/autobahn speeds/high altitude mountain passes) but is relevant to all. Additionally, the "feel" of the steering was jumpier; I'm not talking about scrub radius...this was some sort of oddity from the adapters as my properly backspaced winter wheels give no such issues. The overall feel was unsettling -- from the physical feel of the drive to the mental stress of not being able to check the lugs. Now let's talk about dismounting these things. Depending which brand you purchased (I got the Eibachs), the adapter nuts are made of aluminum. After only 30 days of use, these nuts essentially adhered to my lugs, forcing me to smash and pull about half of the nuts in order to remove them. Certainly not a good thing if you have to change your wheels and tires every October and April.

If I could do it over again, I would have saved the $300 or so I spent on the high-end adapters and just put the cash towards a nice set of wheels. Hindsight truly is 20/20.

/end_soapbox
Both of my S550s felt better with the spacers especially my 2015 GTPP. It felt much more stable at high speeds. I did eventually sell the spacers and wheels. But they looked great in the mean time.
Sponsored