Sponsored

Steeda's New Adjustable Front Coil Over Kit

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, Black with Recaros
I'll echo that statement. I'm in the middle of the install myself. The large nylock nuts are for the stock struts when using the camber plates. They don't fit the Pro Action Adjustable strut. The orings (smaller beefy ones, not the ones that go in the strut bearing), I have no idea (pretty sure they were in the box with the rear shocks and springs). I put them under the bump stop on the rear shock.

A range for the setting the front coilover ride height would be great too. That is provided for the rear springs, but not the coilovers.
I put the small rubber O rings on the top of the rear shock shaft, below where the threads stop there is a smooth area. At least they looked good there and seemed to fit nicely...

I ended up with only a few threads left on the front coilover adjustment - almost all the way to the bottom.
Sponsored

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello,

I had a chance to review the instructions with manufacturing this morning & wanted to confirm a few items.

Customer satisfaction is our top priority here at Steeda among making high-quality parts & accessories so we appreciate the feedback.

In the instructions, on page 2 - here is what is referenced in Step 4 and Figure 4:

6 nuts are provided, and there are 6 studs protruding for the nuts - see instructions below.

Also, the O-rings are mentioned on page 2:

We just want to make sure these were the instructions you received.

Please let me know.

TJ
The O rings we're talking about are not the ones for for the front. They are small ones that come with the rear shocks. Also, we all figured out the 6 studs and the six nuts that locate the fronts on the tower, it's the two large nylock nuts we're talking about. My suggestion is to start from scratch and re-do the instructions, which I know is a PIA but I think it would dramatically increase customer satisfaction. For example, if there are parts included that might be used for a different application (like the large nylock nuts for stock struts being used with the camber plates, then you need to note that in the instructions), etc. If other folks are like me, the installs take place during off hours for Steeda tech support, and we'd rather not put the projects on hold until we can make contact. I'll reiterate that the products are outstanding, but sometimes top notch instructions can enhance the experience.

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
I put the small rubber O rings on the top of the rear shock shaft, below where the threads stop there is a smooth area. At least they looked good there and seemed to fit nicely...

I ended up with only a few threads left on the front coilover adjustment - almost all the way to the bottom.

I'm using the Steeda mounts, so it may be different, but isn't that where the thick steel washer goes? Which then bottoms out on the shock mount bearing? That is how it's explained in their directions anyways.

How much did that lower it? That is good to know, cause I assembled them with the spring seats about half way up the threaded section.

As others have mentioned, I think by themselves, the directions are decent, but when you are combining several components and installing all at once (like the pro-action coil over kit), some of the extra pieces are not accounted for, and some not referred to at all.

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm using the Steeda mounts, so it may be different, but isn't that where the thick steel washer goes? Which then bottoms out on the shock mount bearing? That is how it's explained in their directions anyways.

How much did that lower it? That is good to know, cause I assembled them with the spring seats about half way up the threaded section.

As others have mentioned, I think by themselves, the directions are decent, but when you are combining several components and installing all at once (like the pro-action coil over kit), some of the extra pieces are not accounted for, and some not referred to at all.
I'm using the Steeda mounts too. I put the thick steel washer over the O ring.

The car is at 27 3/16" in front. I'm not sure how much lower that is than stock, but should be 1"+ I'm guessing.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I'm using the Steeda mounts too. I put the thick steel washer over the O ring.

The car is at 27 3/16" in front. I'm not sure how much lower that is than stock, but should be 1"+ I'm guessing.
Hello,

The location you placed the o-ring is incorrect.

It is to be used to help hold the bumpstops in place (placed over the shock shaft and below the tall bumpstop).

We are including the updates in our instructions.

Best Regards,

TJ

BackinBlackS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello,

It is to be used to help hold the bumpstops in place (placed over the shock shaft and below the tall bumpstop).

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks TJ. Mine is not below the bumpstops, but I can fix it. When you update the instructions, can you notify us here and maybe post them on the Steeda site (or here)? I'd like to just double check everything.

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
Hello,

Best Regards,

TJ
I made a good guess! Thanks for the confirmation.

TJ, could you also clarify if it is necessary to use the locking nut when using the Steeda shock mount? Or do we only need the special machined nut that goes inside the bore?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I made a good guess! Thanks for the confirmation.

TJ, could you also clarify if it is necessary to use the locking nut when using the Steeda shock mount? Or do we only need the special machined nut that goes inside the bore?
The answer is no. The special nut included in the kit is fine.

Best Regards,

TJ

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
One last question.....are you supposed to use both bump stops on the front coilovers? It shows both of them in the instructions for assembly of the coilovers; but in the bump stop instructions, it says to only use one for lowered vehicles. That is what I went with, because it makes sense, but that isn't clear in the instructions.

Sponsored

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
One last question.....are you supposed to use both bump stops on the front coilovers? It shows both of them in the instructions for assembly of the coilovers; but in the bump stop instructions, it says to only use one for lowered vehicles. That is what I went with, because it makes sense, but that isn't clear in the instructions.
Ryan, I started with the full stack that was included (two) and I ended up lowering the car more than I thought I would. I had a wiggly or bouncy ride. I just finished up removing the bottom stack and am now on one. I drove the car over all the roads that caused bounce on my normal commute and the bouncy ride is gone.

Bottom line, if you are at the bottom (lowest) quarter of the adjustment go with the single stack.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Has everyone been taken care of - all good?

TJ

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Has everyone been taken care of - all good?

TJ
As far as I'm concerned, Steeda has some of the best customer service people in the biz. The new pro action adjustable made a good difference in my lap times. I'm a believer, more so in your attention to customers questions.

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
Tried to read through the whole post and not sure if it was answered, but i installed front camber plates on my car recently and it seem to raise the front just a hair. I have the steeda adjustable shocks Steeda Ultralites Linears from early 2016 i believe they've been revised as my rears sit lower than 1" (i like how that is)

So it seems it's possible to get a front coilover that matches the "conventional setup spec" but then allow height adjustment. I'm wanting to even out the look of my drop to match but still perform well. Didn't know this was an option till now as i was happy sticking to what i had.

[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION]

So all that to say is it possible to order a front coilover without the camber plates, just bought those (if not im pretty sure i could sell them locally). And what rate would match the Ultralite Linears rate, i'm assuming 200 or 250. My car is a street/daily first with a few track/autox events throughout the year. Also i'm assuming this would allow for a larger tire upfront clearance wise then that of the oem or adjustable shock

Pic for example of why i would like to drop the front every so slightly
DSC_4336.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: