Sponsored

Steeda tunes

Ryan412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Does anyone have any experience with Steeda custom tunes? Their proflow CAI?
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Does anyone have any experience with Steeda custom tunes? Their proflow CAI?
Steeda tunes make good power safely. I wouldn't expect hot tune or balls to the wall numbers on a dyno from a Steeda tune, but it also won't blow your motor either. Matt is the tuner at Steeda and he has been tuning for a long time and knows what he is doing. I wouldn't hesitate to get a tune from Steeda. That's actually what I'm running right now. Their tunes for life program is great but only works on bolt-ons. No e85, turbocharging(aftermarket), or supercharging(aftermarket).

OP
OP

Ryan412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
What kind of gains are people seeing? Also, I heard some people say the crackles/pops have been disappearing from the 2019s with their tune. Is that true?

OP
OP

Ryan412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I have 2019 GT with borla exhaust as my only mod so far.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
What kind of gains are people seeing? Also, I heard some people say the crackles/pops have been disappearing from the 2019s with their tune. Is that true?
I have 2019 GT with borla exhaust as my only mod so far.
You can see good gains by running premium fuel(93 or 91 depending on area) and a Steeda tune. A cat-back exhaust won't net you any power potential but if you like the sound, then it's still worth it. Pops and crackles are more prevalent on a car with no cats or high flow cats as the extra fuel used to make the pops and crackles is hard on a stock cat.

OP
OP

Ryan412

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm sorry, that post told me nothing haha.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I'm sorry, that post told me nothing haha.
I don't have any dyno numbers so I can't tell you an exact figure. Yes, 2019 GTs can still crackle and pop.

Deleted member

PD Tuning, Stratified tuning or Tune+ all others are a waste of time... you want somebody who tunes more than one platform or do you want someone who specializes in ecoboosts?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
PD Tuning, Stratified tuning or Tune+ all others are a waste of time... you want somebody who tunes more than one platform or do you want someone who specializes in ecoboosts?
He hasn't updated his bio. He doesn't have an ecoboost. He has a 2019 GT.

Sorry @Twin Turbo he was referring to a GT not an Ecoboost. I guess this should be moved to the 5.0 sub-forum.

Sponsored

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
According to post #5 , he has a 2019 GT.

I have a Steeda tune with the stock CAI. I'm pleased with it, I tried the Proflow CAI , but Matt couldn't get it to work on my 2018 GT. I did data logging for him but the car would still go into limp mode. I will try a different tuner in the future for the Proflow. I was waiting for a revised version of the Proflow , but I have heard that that is not happening now.

Deleted member

According to post #5 , he has a 2019 GT.

I have a Steeda tune with the stock CAI. I'm pleased with it, I tried the Proflow CAI , but Matt couldn't get it to work on my 2018 GT. I did data logging for him but the car would still go into limp mode. I will try a different tuner in the future for the Proflow. I was waiting for a revised version, but I have heard that that is not happening now.
Ah my bad, I just instantly thought Eco cause were in the Eco section. Missed that post lol