Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Yes - they are nice -- as seen in Velgen's photos!

TJ
Sponsored

shawn3210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 PP Triple yellow
Dang I really want one but idk if I'm comfortable with drilling into my trunk lol.

BigShadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP MT Guard 2016
Finally I got my Steeda Functional Race Wing! And we managed to get it mounted before the winter arrived.

It has been a long process deciding upon the perfect wing, since its so hard just to look at photos.

And we dont have that many Mustangs in Sweden, and even fewer with a wing.

I am happy (and proud), that my son convinced me that the Steeda Wing was the way to go, because in real life it looks like the perfect marriage, they are meant to be! Now I cant imagine the car without the wing.

I left the drilling to the local paint shop, that did an awsome job. They told me politely that the installation instructions could have been better, but the fitting was good and the end result speaks for itself!

The wing was painted in black to match the black panels and black wheels. And the car is guard green metallic, by the way.

A big hand to the designer(-s) at Steeda for giving us this wing!

Cheers,

/Lars
DSC_3812.jpg
DSC_3813.jpg
DSC_3814.jpg
DSC_3815.jpg

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
Steeda,
I ordered the wing today and wasn't able to find any installation instructions on the website. I already have the OEM factory spoiler so I am guessing I will only need to drill one hole each side? Can you please walk me through the process as I intend to this by myself

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
Here's the method I used to install mine.

Take a small piece of paper and tape it to the bottom of the wing mounts. Don't use too much tape as your going to be removing it soon. Use a pencil or screwdriver to poke holes in the paper into the mounting holes. Position the wing on the car and line it up exactly where you want it. You will need a 2nd set of hands for this. Without moving the wing, untape the paper from the wing and tape it to the trunk lid. Now when you lift off the wing, you have a template showing you exactly where to drill.

I also used studs in place of the mounting bolts. That made it much easier when it came time to line it up the holes when bolting it on.

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
Here's the method I used to install mine.

Take a small piece of paper and tape it to the bottom of the wing mounts. Don't use too much tape as your going to be removing it soon. Use a pencil or screwdriver to poke holes in the paper into the mounting holes. Position the wing on the car and line it up exactly where you want it. You will need a 2nd set of hands for this. Without moving the wing, untape the paper from the wing and tape it to the trunk lid. Now when you lift off the wing, you have a template showing you exactly where to drill.

I also used studs in place of the mounting bolts. That made it much easier when it came time to line it up the holes when bolting it on.
Thank you. Does the wing come with any mounting hardware? Because I didn't any.. What size studs or bolts do we use?

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
Thank you. Does the wing come with any mounting hardware? Because I didn't any.. What size studs or bolts do we use?
I do believe it comes with hardware. I don't remember the size. Best guess would be 1/4-20 or 5/16-18.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Mine came with all needed hardware.

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
Mine came with all needed hardware.
wow.. let's forget the hardware... I am in deeper shit now... After prepping and painting the wing, I find out it is a 14 mustang wing

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
wow.. let's forget the hardware... I am in deeper shit now... After prepping and painting the wing, I find out it is a 14 mustang wing
Black - just got your private message. Let me look into your order & see what I can figure out - I don't have access to the systems tonight but I will have this looked into first thing in the a.m. - including letting our leadership team know.

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Black, can you send me photos of the wing you received?

Thank you,

TJ

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Ouch.
Sponsored