Sponsored

Steeda Fixed Valved Pro-Action Shocks & Struts (2015-2019)

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Posted this in the tires/wheels section but thought I'd also post it here since the pic turned out pretty good.

New MPSSs put on a week ago and cleaned her up today.

I'm loving these tires.

Recently installed Steeda Pro Action shocks and struts (nonadjustable) and Steeda's billet aluminum rear shock mounts.

These addons improved the ride and the Michelins improved it a bit more. Car's more stable, hugs the road, and the PP bounciness and harshness is much less.

Steeda's adjustable rear camber arms are being delivered Wednesday. The slight negative camber of the rear tires/wheels should be cured after they're installed. :cheers:
IMG_0737.JPG
Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Killer tire/wheel combo, BeauxXL1200. Looks fantastic.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Killer tire/wheel combo, BeauxXL1200. Looks fantastic.
Thanks, Mike. I'm super happy with my set up.

Apparently, the MPSSs are being discontinued. I think I got one of the last sets of 275/35/20s and 295/35/20s.

I had given up on them b/c I couldn't find a pair of 275s, but my guy at Discount Tires finally found a pair at another Discount Tire store so I went with them.

My next shoes will likely be the new Michelin replacements for the PSSs if they're as good as these tires. :cheers:

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Unrelated but: The pics of your car are great, Ralph. Once my car is lowered/aligned I'm going to detail the daylights out of it and take some "good pics" with my 10MP point and shoot. Even though my phone has "an 8MB camera" I've found that the pics I take with my old Panasonic Lumix are a lot better. Just the added step of removing the SD card and getting them uploaded to the PC.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We sold an incredible amount of shocks during our 4th of July Sale - would love to hear feedback from those new members!

TJ

Sponsored

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
We sold an incredible amount of shocks during our 4th of July Sale - would love to hear feedback from those new members!

TJ
How about buying a set of Pro Action Shocks and Struts adjustable the last week of June and spacing out that the 4th is the following week ;) Oh well. Side note - FedEx busted the license plate frame someone tossed in there. Could be a GM guy/gal, who knows. Can't provide feedback yet because they are setting on the shelf in the garage waiting for some springs to arrive. I can comment on their arrival though outside FedEd :)

Boxed very well. Stable, not moving around inside the larger box. Stickers. License plate frame. Secure. Evenly painted, no drips or other blemishes. Bright deep blue - will be interesting to see if I see anything once installed (black car). Welds look consistent and well done. Oh, also received the rear billet shock mounts. Those are pretty slick also.

Only other thing that may be cool but would increase the cost would be to toss in a Steeda Polo or T-shirt :D Maybe something Mr. Orlando could consider down the road ;)

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Send me your info & we'll see about getting that license plate frame replaced!

Love the idea of adding a Polo - they are also very nice :)

TJ

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Just finishing up a 10,000 mile road trip in about 5 weeks with these struts and shocks paired with BMR SP080 springs on a V6. They have been awesome, VERY comfortable but the car feels very planted and in control. If anyone's got any questions feel free to DM me!

tampasnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
If I am just installing the new struts do I need to get an alignment afterwards? I'm not changing anything else and I had the car aligned last year when I did the springs and sway bars.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If I am just installing the new struts do I need to get an alignment afterwards? I'm not changing anything else and I had the car aligned last year when I did the springs and sway bars.
Yes you will. It probably won't be far off where it was but definitely will be different.

Sponsored

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes you will. It probably won't be far off where it was but definitely will be different.
You have inspired me! Lol, finally got my order in for Pro Action Shocks and Struts, Rear Billet Shock Mounts, Front and Rear Sway Bar Kit, IRS Support Braces, and Alignment and Bushing Support Kit. Was told that was all I needed to transform the ride, expecting great things here hopefully!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If you don't have camber plates and are just installing new struts and THAT'S IT, you can get away without an alignment. Every time I've done a strut install for someone on the side I tell them to go get an alignment in a week and they tell me the guy said it was well within spec already... but of course you may be more picky and want to make triple sure you're good to go. Tires are't cheap.

There's slight adjustment due to hole size tolerances at the lower pickup point and of course at the upper mount but it's so little that it didn't seem to be an issue for my installs...

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
The Rear definitely shouldnt change. Front very minimal.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You have inspired me! Lol, finally got my order in for Pro Action Shocks and Struts, Rear Billet Shock Mounts, Front and Rear Sway Bar Kit, IRS Support Braces, and Alignment and Bushing Support Kit. Was told that was all I needed to transform the ride, expecting great things here hopefully!
It definitely will be like a completely different car in the best way!

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And ... :eyebulge:

TJ
Sponsored