Sponsored

Steeda black billet oil separator install

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
I decided to snag one of Steeda's oil catch cans this week, so here are my impressions on the install! The whole process was super easy; from beginning to end, it probably took me about 20-30 minutes, tops. There IS a bit of cutting involved, so for those not wanting to slice up any factory hoses, this might not be the catch can for you, but I actually liked the idea of not adding any additional parts to the engine bay and instead, simply splicing the catch can into the existing factory hose.

The first step is to slide the rubber o-ring onto the top half of the can (smaller half) over the threads until it snaps into place. Once that's finished, simply pick one of the two holes to screw the filter into. Take extra care to NOT crank down hard on the filter as you're tightening it, as you can easily crush the filter itself. Just screw it on tight enough to whereit doesn't spin around so easily, and you should be good.

Now, whichever side you put the filter, that side MUST flow out to the intake. The side without the filter is the side that takes the flow in from the crankcase. I used the straight hose fitting for the side going into the intake, and the 90 degree fitting on the side coming infrom the crankcase. You don't have to use the ones I did; you could use two straight hose fittings, two 90 degree ones, one of each...whatever floats your boat. I did it because A) it gave me a visual indication of what side is what, and B) it fit into the PCV hose easier.

Next, pop open your hood and locate the factory PCV line. You're going to need to cut this hose in half.

I used a dremel with a cutting wheel, and it made quick work of the task. I ended removing another 1"-1.5" of the hose to make the can fit a little better.

Next, slip one of the compression clamps onto each end of the cut hose, and push each hose fitting into the hose until it pops into place. Once both sides are securely in place, use a pair of crimping pliers and squeeze the little nubbin on each clamp until each side is nice and tight.

I made a quick video as well to show one of the small issues I had with the hose fittings, but all in all, the install was super simple!

[ame]
Sponsored