Sponsored

Standard V8 Exhaust system- Thoughts?

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I ordered from Hypermotive, shipping was closer to $350, and this was around a year ago. Definitely shop around and check local suppliers etc. prices at various suppliers could be much different now.

As mentioned above Levittown is another one I have ordered from, they are generally pretty competitive with oem or frpp parts!
Thanks for that. Price seems to be pretty consistent, it's the shipping that seems to vary the most. I don't want to go to far buying stuff before the car gets here in case mine ends up falling into MY18 production in case the refresh changes something enough to cause a difference in parts (unlikely but not impossible). Doesn't matter for a small purchase but a $2.5k+ exhaust would be harder to swallow. Going to be hard to resist though if there's any good black Friday sales coming up.
Sponsored

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
That sounds great! What's the sound like in the cabin and cruise and is it very loud with the early morning food starts? Just thinking about the neighbours and the waking kids factor.....
Ill have to grab a clip for you from the dash cam to provide a idea of what its like in the cab. Sound in the cabin is very good not to loud and not to quiet that you cant notice it. Easy to carry a conversation without drone of the exhaust. Exhaust is a nice sweet note at idle yet angry when you stick it the right boot. Early morning starts is fine and honestly my supercharged fg xr6 is much louder and contains alot of drone compared to this system.
I was lucky enough to take my dealers gt for a run when deciding to buy the stang, its fitted with the same system with some good klms on it so i was fortunate enough to hear it with some carbon in the system. On the same day driving back from bathurst i came across a RR Gt And RR eb convertable number plate23 and 25 with stock exhaust. The difference between the stock system and the xforce was easily noticeable hence why I decided on the system thats under the gt now.
The cars always a pleasure to drive and sounds perfect for how I want it (well missing the blower whine but that may change ;) ).
End of the day though its each to their own and what system and sound suits them and their budget. I love my system but someone else might like theirs more or less. So best thing if a buyer can get the chance is hear the system they are looking at in person (or multiple systems in person). Im just lucky that I got a chance to her this one in the flesh and said yep I want that on my car.